Anyone on Azura A116 ?

bee-ess

Our itinerary will be :

Southampton, 13th-15th, Holiday Inn. Visit English shops. Need to buy lots of English items like tea bags, biscuits etc that are rather expensive in Mallorca. We are also going to look around two museums, Maritime Museum & Solent Sky (Hall of Aviation)

Brest- A general look around but to be honest, we are not to bothered about this particular call.

Bilbao- Use the free shuttle into the City for a general look around. In my dealings with people from Bilbao I have always found them to be friendly people so that is an added bonus.

Cork- Butlers coach tour which we are looking forward to this tour and meeting the Cruise Critic crew from here!

Dublin- The home of my parents and their parents etc. This will be a special trip for me as I will be able to show my 16 year old son just where all my family originated from before they emigrated to the UK and USA in the 1950's to start a new life. We are going to use.... http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/citytour.aspx and if you book on-line you save 20%.

Have a safe trip to Southampton and we look forward to meeting you somewhere on the cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we are all back now.

Did everyone enjoy the cruise - we did, the weather could have been a bit better but everything else was great. Apart from Quimper (raining all day) we enjoyed all the ports and Butlers trip in Cork was tremendous value. The last day was a great day on deck with the unexpected sunny day.

We did the Glass house Supper Club for the first time and that was the dining highlight for us.

All in all a nice break.

Well, we are all back now.

Did everyone enjoy the cruise - we did, the weather could have been a bit better but everything else was great. Apart from Quimper (raining all day) we enjoyed all the ports and Butlers trip in Cork was tremendous value. The last day was a great day on deck with the unexpected sunny day.

We did the Glass house Supper Club for the first time and that was the dining highlight for us.

All in all a nice break.

Hi there, yes very enjoyable trip if only the weather had been slightly better. Planning on w,riting a review including some comparison with Princess but initial thoughts are that drink cheaper, free buses good, they didnt make most of selling drinks in theatres etc...

Ports in order of how we felt:

brest: absolutely telrrible, drab and empty - we were back o. Ship withi. 2 hours and werent alone!! We even tried e "marina" bus stop- just a horrible place i found

Bilbao- very nice and pleasant, just a pity we docked there sunday. Spend a lot of time in the old town

Cord- not bad, did the city bus tours

Dublin - highlight of the trip really

Hi there, yes very enjoyable trip if only the weather had been slightly better. Planning on w,riting a review including some comparison with Princess but initial thoughts are that drink cheaper, free buses good, they didnt make most of selling drinks in theatres etc...

Ports in order of how we felt:

brest: absolutely telrrible, drab and empty - we were back o. Ship withi. 2 hours and werent alone!! We even tried e "marina" bus stop- just a horrible place i found

Bilbao- very nice and pleasant, just a pity we docked there sunday. Spend a lot of time in the old town

Cord- not bad, did the city bus tours

Dublin - highlight of the trip really

We didn't go into Brest but went to Quimper instead which was a bit spoilt by the weather. We enjoyed BIlbao the most. We found the ship more crowded than previous times but apart from trying to get a buffet table a couple of times at breakfast, no real problems.

we also had a great time, the weather not great but we loved the ship- we had booked on the discover quimper trip so had to wander round very miserable and could hardly hear our guide,thought Cork trip was great. Cabin great but did not really get chance to enjoy balcony-our son has the best time though-never saw much of him (his choice) he loved the freedom and really enjoyed being on the ship.

we also had a great time, the weather not great but we loved the ship- we had booked on the discover quimper trip so had to wander round very miserable and could hardly hear our guide,thought Cork trip was great. Cabin great but did not really get chance to enjoy balcony-our son has the best time though-never saw much of him (his choice) he loved the freedom and really enjoyed being on the ship.

Hi Miss Nutty, my son didn't come back to the cabin on the morning of disembarkation until 7am!!!! At the start of the cruise I went looking for him at 2am (16years old) but after a couple of nights i gave up worrying to be honest.

He had an absolute ball apparently

I passed on thanks to the Butlers trip organisers in the Glasshouse on tasting night, but it bears repeating - thank you very much for all your hard work. I agree that Dublin was Port highlight of the cruise, but our dining experience peaked in Sindhu, it was quite the best Indian food I've ever had - beautifully aromatic but not unnecessarily hot. We found the Glasshouse odd inasmuch as there was a constant trail of people walking through it; more a Glassalley.

Our first cruise and really enjoyed it. Daughter loved kids club and asked to go on sea days. Brest was a bit of a wash out!! Loved Bilbao and Guggenheim, went on ship excursion. Blarney Castle, again ship excursion was good and Dublin was as i remember!! Booked on board for Azura next summer in Med so hopeful for better weather!!

Archived