Star Princess Minisuites & Balconies

Sayra

We are considering a South American crusie on the Star Princess next year. When I was looking at the deck plans, it seemed that the minisuiteso n the Star are farely large (but objects on the deck plans aren't always as they apear). Could someone compare the Mini's and Balcony cabins on the Star to the Emerald/Crown/Ruby?

Thanks!

We are considering a South American crusie on the Star Princess next year. When I was looking at the deck plans, it seemed that the minisuiteso n the Star are farely large (but objects on the deck plans aren't always as they apear). Could someone compare the Mini's and Balcony cabins on the Star to the Emerald/Crown/Ruby?

Thanks!

The mini's and the balcony cabins on the Star are the same as the Emerald/Crown/Ruby as well as the other Grand Class ships. The mini's all have a sitting room space with an additional 9' of length with a sofa, coffee table and chair along with a second TV. The mini's balcony is 7' deep compared to the standard balcony depth of 5'. Caribe deck balconies are 9' deep.

Thanks!

I just got off the Star yesterday. We had a Caribe balcony; our friends had a Dolphin mini. All the same as on the Emerald, Crown and Ruby. We never take a mini because we don't like a tub/shower, but would certainly like the sofa. It's a tradeoff. :D

remember that the mini's on Dolphin are all open to people above.

There are a few mini's on Emerald towards the back of the ship that have covered balcony's

We had one of these for our 30 day cruise a yr ago and it was nice to have the extra room, but I prefer the larger balcony's on Caribe that are half covered and half open. The cabin is your standard one, but the balcony is the best:D

Hmm...now I'm wondering if I was looking at the wrong deck plans...maybe I was looking at the Sea Princess, because everyone is right, the mini's on the Star Princess do look the same. Thanks for setting me straight~

Maybe we'll try for one of the Caribe larger balconies, but the couch and the tub was so nice on the Ruby - decisions, decisions...

We just got off the Star! We had a balcony on Aloha, Deck 12, Cabin A742. We loved the balcony because it is the top level and is covered by a roof which is the Horizons floor so we could go outside regardless of weather! We'd do it again but try to get a cabin with less than a 700 number because we seemed to get a bit of side to side motion in the aft - maybe due to windage from Skywalkers??

It was a fabulous 29 days from Valparaiso to Ft Lauderdale - hope you have a great cruise too.

iecalcruiser posted this pic of her Star Princess Caribe balcony earlier in another thread I had about balconies:

Caribe%20Deck%20Balcony%20Furniture%20Star%20Princess.jpg

As you can see the balcony is hUgE

We see that the balcony furniture is new, all white, while it was blue & white. Great idea really as the blue parts were usually covered with so much white paint droppings that they may as well have them all white...

We see that the balcony furniture is new, all white, while it was blue & white. Great idea really as the blue parts were usually covered with so much white paint droppings that they may as well have them all white...
Actually, I believe the white is older then the blue and dates back to the replacement of balcony furniture that started on the Star after her fire.

I just got off the Star yesterday. We had a Caribe balcony; our friends had a Dolphin mini. All the same as on the Emerald, Crown and Ruby. We never take a mini because we don't like a tub/shower, but would certainly like the sofa. It's a tradeoff. :D

I don't think I've ever read this before....usually, people prefer having the tub over the small round shower stall with curtain.

The only reason I can think of is not having to "clear" the tub when you get in for mobility reasons.

Anyway, we are the opposite....while we don't use the tub for taking a bath, we like the extra room that having a tub gives us when we shower. The small round shower stall is just too small--even though we are not that large. We just like the extra room.

That's also why we like the mini suites. We typically get a mini, as far back as we can go (we actually LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the rockin' a ship can offer--ha!)....and prefer the covered balconies on the Emerald deck.

My one pet peeve w/Princess (okay, two...first is the bedding but we bring a 2 1/2" memory foam topper w/us so that is no longer an issue) is that they don't offer aft mini suites and the regular aft balcony cabins are just a tad too small for us (really like that extra living room area).

Maybe on the new ship they'll have aft minis...that would be GREAT!

Dawn

I don't think I've ever read this before....usually, people prefer having the tub over the small round shower stall with curtain.

My one pet peeve w/Princess (okay, two...first is the bedding but we bring a 2 1/2" memory foam topper w/us so that is no longer an issue)

Dawn

Well Dawn, I guess we are weird. Not only do we prefer the showers, but we also like the hard beds. ;)

Well Dawn, I guess we are weird. Not only do we prefer the showers, but we also like the hard beds. ;)

Didn't mean to suggest you were "weird" at all (the problem with email)....but more of an "I never heard of it put that way." Just was hoping for some clarity....and, as I suggested, perhaps it was a mobility issue. You have to admit, you don't see many people state (at least not on these message boards) that they prefer the smaller shower to the larger tub/shower combo...in fact, comics make jokes about it all the time. Perhaps you could shed some light on it that would make many people go, "oh...yeah, that makes sense." It was not to suggest you were weird in any way and I'm sorry you felt defensive...truly.

And I don't think the beds are hard. It's hard to say what we think they are....but it is not the adjective I would use (I didn't think I said they were hard...I apologize if I did...but I don't think they are hard...just very uncomfortable).

Have a nice day...

Dawn

Did they have the any seafood at the buffet on embarkation day?

We're weird too as we don't mind the shower and like the large balcony on Caribe. IF the up-grade fairy visits us for our January 2012 South American cruise for a mini we'll take it. The sofa, not the tub, is really appealing! Karen

Didn't mean to suggest you were "weird" at all (the problem with email)....but more of an "I never heard of it put that way." Just was hoping for some clarity....and, as I suggested, perhaps it was a mobility issue. You have to admit, you don't see many people state (at least not on these message boards) that they prefer the smaller shower to the larger tub/shower combo...in fact, comics make jokes about it all the time. Perhaps you could shed some light on it that would make many people go, "oh...yeah, that makes sense." It was not to suggest you were weird in any way and I'm sorry you felt defensive...truly.

And I don't think the beds are hard. It's hard to say what we think they are....but it is not the adjective I would use (I didn't think I said they were hard...I apologize if I did...but I don't think they are hard...just very uncomfortable).

Have a nice day...

Dawn

No mobility problems, and comics that kid about the showers are usually those with a weight problem. We fare quite nicely and w/o having to "soap the wall." :D BTW, we don't have a tub/shower at home either. Our showers are walk-in and tub is a separate entity.

No mobility problems, and comics that kid about the showers are usually those with a weight problem. We fare quite nicely and w/o having to "soap the wall." :D BTW, we don't have a tub/shower at home either. Our showers are walk-in and tub is a separate entity.

I am not sure why people are referring to themselves as "weird" for this shower/tub thing. No one said anyone was "weird."

And it is not a huge deal to us either...but if I had my choice, I would select the tub/shower combo for the extra room.

But Pia...you said you PREFERRED the smaller shower unit to the tub/shower combo and I am still trying to find out why. You have pointed out it is not a mobility issue...so there must be a reason why you don't like the extra space and perhaps it would shed some light for other folks that are not sure about going with the shower only.

We never take baths....and I would try to talk anyone out of remodeling their bathroom and adding a jacuzzi....we never use it and everyone I have talked to that has one never uses their's either. (Yes, I am sure there are plenty that do.)

But for someone that PREFERS the small shower...it is interesting to see why.

No one is calling anyone weird...geez.

I am not sure why people are referring to themselves as "weird" for this shower/tub thing. No one said anyone was "weird."

And it is not a huge deal to us either...but if I had my choice, I would select the tub/shower combo for the extra room.

But Pia...you said you PREFERRED the smaller shower unit to the tub/shower combo and I am still trying to find out why. You have pointed out it is not a mobility issue...so there must be a reason why you don't like the extra space and perhaps it would shed some light for other folks that are not sure about going with the shower only.

We never take baths....and I would try to talk anyone out of remodeling their bathroom and adding a jacuzzi....we never use it and everyone I have talked to that has one never uses their's either. (Yes, I am sure there are plenty that do.)

But for someone that PREFERS the small shower...it is interesting to see why.

No one is calling anyone weird...geez.

Dawn, the small shower is not small for me. I don't like climbing into a tub to shower. Yes, the larger bathroom is better, but for me it would be a sofa vs. non sofa that would make the difference. I have not had a tub/shower in my home since 1993. Each time we build a new house we get walkin shower only and a separate Roman tub which is never used. Looks pretty, needs to be there.

Archived