mariner of the seas will it dock

tronan

:confused: hi

i am due to arrive in grand cayman on mariner of the seas in may , i am a first time cruiser and have booked private excursions and yesterday i read some where on another thread that grand cayman are only leaving up t 8000 passengers a day into port, i think the day we are due to arrve there are maybe 4 or 5 ships so tahts alot of people.anyhow the thread also said that alot of rccl ships get turned away and carnival have a bit of priorty...

has anyone from rci been stopped docking at grand cayman lately??

im very concened as i have excrsions boked , and as this is our irst cruise we deinatley dont want to miss any ports!!!!!!

just checked with cayman port authority website.

they have 6 ships listed for port that day.

rhapsody with passenger capacity of 2435

grand princess 3300

mariner (they have mariner passenger capacity isted as o!)this i think is not a good sign...

carnival conquest 3700

carnival victory 3600

holiday dream 758

thats a total of 13.793 passengers not including passengers from teh mariner , which as i said they have isted as 0!!

does anyone know where i could conact to find out for sue if the mariner is going to grand cayman 12th may , vey doubtful that rccl will give us definate information...

getting very worried now:eek: :eek: :eek:

I also am cruising on the Mariner on May 8th. We sailed the Mariner last year in Sept 2004 during those terrible hurricanes and missed the ports of Ocho Rios, Grand Caymern and Labadee, the only port we actual visited that was on our orginal itinerary was Cozumel. Royal Carribbean did make a stop at the Bahamas but since we did not know we were docking there I did not research the private excursions and ended up just going to the beach. We did receive however 50% certificates to take another cruise in 2005, so that is why we are taking the Mariner AGAIN to the same ports, and if I do NOT get to stop at Grand Caymen, I will be very upset. I understand that if the seas are rough they do not stop there, and that is out of their control, however if they know already that we will not be able to stop there as it is already filled to capacity, they should contact their passengers and substitute a new port, they have time to make changes as we are not sailing till May. I think it is deceiving for cruise lines to advertise ports and know ahead of time that we will not be docking there, it is just wrong.:(

i agree....rccl should let passengers know for definate if we will be stopping there..the fact that they have no passengernumbers listed with the port authority and also that there are 6 ship in port that day isint looking good!!and i have excursions booked......:mad: i dont know what to do now.

We are on the same cruise tronan... hadn't heard that there were any problems with RCCL stopping there due to too many folks in port.....I'm thinking I will book excursions with the ship and then they would be refunded if we did not stop...

Lisa

I have no idea what is up with RCCL, but I know the 8000 number is bogus and that Mariner has been in GC since Ivan. When I was there last November, Mariner was one of the four ships in port that day - Conquest, Victory, Mariner and Star Princess. I was on the Conquest.

I don't know of any (doesn't mean there aren't any) tours you can book on your own, that won't refund any money paid, if your ship doesn't stop, or for that matter, if it shows up too late for the tour.

I'm supposed to stop in GC again March 24 when there are supposed to be 6-8 ships in port, 3 of which are RCCL ships. Will they show up? Should be interesting.

:confused: hi

i am due to arrive in grand cayman on mariner of the seas in may , i am a first time cruiser and have booked private excursions and yesterday i read some where on another thread that grand cayman are only leaving up t 8000 passengers a day into port, i think the day we are due to arrve there are maybe 4 or 5 ships so tahts alot of people.anyhow the thread also said that alot of rccl ships get turned away and carnival have a bit of priorty...

has anyone from rci been stopped docking at grand cayman lately??

im very concened as i have excrsions boked , and as this is our irst cruise we deinatley dont want to miss any ports!!!!!!

Hi!

First of all, no ship docked. The four in port that day, including ours, tendered in. The seas were rough so the snorkel and scuba tours (for all 4 ships) were cancelled and everyone either was in port or stayed on board. That being said, people were booking Stingray City independently on shore and had a good time. The 4 ships in port were the Oosterdam, a large Carnival vessel, a large RCCL ship (Brilliance?), and our ship, the Coral Princess.

Good luck. We were disappointed that we missed our snorkel tour, but that just gives us a reason to go back!

All ships tender in (no dock for cruise ships) and the only reason you would be turned away should be sea conditions. www.cruisecal.com is a good resource to check your date as well. Good luck. They have you listed on this site as well as Conquest, Victory and Rhapshody. No Grand or Dream. Princess website has the Grand in the Mediterranean beginning in May for the summer. Good news for you.

I wouldn't worry. We were in Grand Cayman on 3-3-05 on the Carnival Conquest.

Both Rhapsody of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas were in Port. Also in port were Carnival Victory, Holland America ?, Star Princess and Pullmantur ?

I figure there were about 16,000 people on those ships and everybody tendered in.

Conquest and Star Princess were first to arrive that day (about 6:30am so they had the closest anchor positions. Then Pullmantur alongside Star. Mariner and Rhapsody were behind us, with Victory along side the Conquest and the Holland America alongside the Victory.

It was crowded in port but manageable. I

must say that the Conquest was using more tenders than anyone (I think we had 6 tenders just for our ship). The RCL, HA and Princess ships were using their own tenders and each only had 2 so it was taking them longer to tender in.

But everyone made it in. Seas were very calm that day. This may have something to do with all ships being able to anchor/tender in.

Hey Doplhin3-It sounds like you went on the Hurricane cruise that I missed in Sept-If it was the one that was supposed to leave on the 26th but couldn't leave till Tuesday due to Hurricane Jeanne. We couldn't get a new flight to Florida,not to mention I was getting WAY too stressed about the whole vacation, so we took the credit and rebooked for April 10th. Hopefully we'll make it there this time!:):):)

just checked with cayman port authority website.

they have 6 ships listed for port that day.

rhapsody with passenger capacity of 2435

grand princess 3300

mariner (they have mariner passenger capacity isted as o!)this i think is not a good sign...

carnival conquest 3700

carnival victory 3600

holiday dream 758

Well, you can scratch the Grand off that list. She leaves Galveston to spend the summer in Europe on April 16th. :confused:

Archived