Buying liquor after boarding

camper49

We ordered from Bon Voyage for our Jan. Dream cruise...worked out fine.

We did a kind of spur of the moment Sensation shortly after that and did not take the time (not sure how long you have before to order) to call Bon Voyage. Hubby's "mountain dew" didn't make it past secruity..no prob,we know better but..here's the question. I thought i had read somewhere that you could order from quest services ???? Tried but they said no...we could buy wine, but no hard liquor.Has anyone ever bought liquor after boarding??? Guess thats why they sell drinks on board!!!!

You can order a 'bar setup' from Guest Services on board. The prices are the same as through the Bon Voyage department...

:)

Is this fleet wide or does it depend on which ship you are on? I am seeing conflicting information on this.

Thanks,

Jeff

You can order a 'bar setup' from Guest Services on board. The prices are the same as through the Bon Voyage department...

:)

Hi Mach --

We called Guest Services on the Legend this past January and they told us to call Room Service.

Worked fine -- just don't be on the balcony when they attempt to deliver it. You must be available to sign for it and we couldn't hear the knock. Called again and it was delivered very shortly. :D

We ordered from Bon Voyage for our Jan. Dream cruise...worked out fine.

We did a kind of spur of the moment Sensation shortly after that and did not take the time (not sure how long you have before to order) to call Bon Voyage. Hubby's "mountain dew" didn't make it past secruity..no prob,we know better but..here's the question. I thought i had read somewhere that you could order from quest services ???? Tried but they said no...we could buy wine, but no hard liquor.Has anyone ever bought liquor after boarding??? Guess thats why they sell drinks on board!!!!

Did you even try ordering from Room Service??:confused:

What happened to the Mountain Dew?? :confused: Why did they take it away?? I have also heard that you can order from room service. Have never done it, but I think we probably will when we cruise in May. Does anyone know if you can do this anytime during the cruise or does it have to be at the beginning?

What happened to the Mountain Dew?? :confused: Why did they take it away?? I have also heard that you can order from room service. Have never done it, but I think we probably will when we cruise in May. Does anyone know if you can do this anytime during the cruise or does it have to be at the beginning?

The Mountain Dew had liquor in it!! And another reason we didn't try room service is that we took the word of the person at guest services..she told us we could only order from the Formality & it did not include hard liquor.

The Mountain Dew had liquor in it!! And another reason we didn't try room service is that we took the word of the person at guest services..she told us we could only order from the Formality & it did not include hard liquor.

Ah.....I carried on MANY a bottle of Mountain Dew and Root Beer years ago...how did they find out it wasn't soda?

Ah.....I carried on MANY a bottle of Mountain Dew and Root Beer years ago...how did they find out it wasn't soda?

Mountain Dew with whiskey ...have done this for many cruises...not a big amount...still buy our share of drinks. So this time as we went through security,the guy looks in my small cooler,which had my bottle of wine, hubbys Mountain Dew,and a bottle of h2o,and we thought all was ok. Then the x-ray thing and the guys watching it didn't like what they saw.The first guy says "I checked ,it's ok. They did not buy that..."come with me" ..and i gave up the Mountain Dew!!! lol Funny thing is i do not drink "Mountain Dew"

Archived