Main Dining Reservations??

I have searched for the answer and I apologize in advance if it's somewhere I didn't see.

I understand you can make reservations for the specialty restaurants and shows online 45 days in advance.....but

Do you also have to make reservations at the MDR's or you go whenever you want in an alloted time slot?

We are sailing with a group of 20 and I don't think we will all want to eat together and/or at the same time. Half are newbie cruisers and I have been appointed as the coordinator!

Thx in advance! ;)

Freestyle - you eat when and where you want, no reservation required. I do not beleive you can make reservtions prior to the cruise for any resturant.

Main Dining Room whenever you please. If a large group wanted to eat together you could make a MDR reservation. And yes, sailing on the Epic you can make reservations for specialty Restaurants and shows 45 days out from sail date. Have fun!

Main Dining Room whenever you please. If a large group wanted to eat together you could make a MDR reservation. And yes, sailing on the Epic you can make reservations for specialty Restaurants and shows 45 days out from sail date. Have fun!

The best answer yet. You don't need to make a reservation for the main dining rooms, but you can for a large group (assuming the large group wanted to do so).

I've seen church groups reserve tables at the main dining rooms on just about every cruise I've sailed, so I know it happens. But here's the kicker, NCL likes to make large groups who do reserved tables to do so early (before 6pm) or late (after 8pm). They're not going to allow a large group make reservations for many tables during the rush (7pm). They want to set up the reservation so they can maintain two different sittings for those tables.

Archived