Help With Choice

We are considering 2 cruises on Princess to New England/Canada. We have done many cruises but never to that region. Both leave from Brooklyn. Choice is a July cruise that stops in St. John or an August cruise that stops in Sydney, N.S. and Charlottetown, PEI. (all other ports are same). We usually do our own thing in ports. Any advice/info is welcome.

We are considering 2 cruises on Princess to New England/Canada. We have done many cruises but never to that region. Both leave from Brooklyn. Choice is a July cruise that stops in St. John or an August cruise that stops in Sydney, N.S. and Charlottetown, PEI. (all other ports are same). We usually do our own thing in ports. Any advice/info is welcome.

If it were me, I would have a tough choice but would go for the August cruise. Two reasons, a visit to PEI is always very special, and Fortress Louisburg is the second very big reason. Saint John is a wonderful port with better eco tourism at places like St. Martins but is second to both of the other two in my book. The weather in August is more unpredictable and more likley to include cooler temps and rain but it still gets my vote.

Archived