We are Platinum...nobody else in group is

finoky

We are cruising on the Liberty in May with 14 people that make up a group of family and friends. My wife and I are the only ones that are platinum. We would rather hang out and board with everyone in our group. My question is will we be able to do this and would it cause any problems with them locating our Sign and Sail cards at the regular check-in counter?

I am platinum and have done this also. I checked in at the VIP check-in and then went to the regular boarding area and waited with them to board. Your sail and sign cards will be at the VIP check-in. Even though the check in agent at the regular check in could go get them it will take more time.

The past two cruises out of Miami we checked in VIP while others in our group went on the regular line BUT both times the other group was allowed to "hang out" with us in the VIP Lounge after they checked in and board with us first...

Now I will tell you that in our case, the majority were VIP so I don't know if they'll let 12 people hang out in the VIP Room with the 2 of you!!

We had a similar situation on the Imagination on March 14th. We are platinum,one daughter booked a Suite, the other daughter booked an oceanview. All the bookings were grouped together under my name. We were in the VIP lounge and were told we needed our other daughter to process our boarding. So we had to go find our daughter in the terminal while the VIP rep went and got her SS card. So she did hangout with us. :D

Last August sailing the Dream we had a similar situation- two rooms, two different booking numbers...

My DH and I are Platinum, my DMIL is not Platinum but was a part of our room, we were told we had to go to VIP and the other room, none of whom are Platinum, had to go through regular and they were not allowed to join us.

We'll be in the same situation in June. But, there are several in the group that have never sailed before. We like to watch peoples faces as they first walk into the atrium so we plan on boarding ahead and will have the camera ready to snap shots as they come aboard.

I would suggest that you check in through VIP, gather up your Sail & Sign cards then join your friends. Should you elect to check in through the regular lines you'll only be holding up other folks as the shore side agent has to go wandering off to retrieve your Platinum cards...

:)

Since you are sailing out of Miami.....

Host Mach gave you the best advice.

Simply get you and your wife's cards at the VIP office...while your friends check in at the regular counters....

then you can either go and sit with them to board....

OR you can board first and wait for them in the Atrium to watch their expressions!!!

The last 2 times At Miami you better have VIP on your boarding pass we were checked at the door, If its full you will not be left in the door . Little old lady was booting people that didn't have it. The VIP area is not that big. After they start boarding it does not really matter, you go right thru. Its only a problem prior to boarding.

Archived