Golden princess balcony location

marjb36

Hi folks. We are reserved two cabins on the Golden Princess-we are on the caribe deck, balconies 325 and 329. Can someone let me know if these are good cabins? Will we have sun? Are the balconies partially or fully covered?

Many thanks.:confused:

Believe those are half/half balconies. Half covered (thus private) and half sun (thus good for lounging out). Generally considered very desirable as size is nearly twice that of some other balconies, similar in size to the mini-suite balconies.

We have cabins on the Caribe deck also, 259,255,and 4 more cabins on that side. We picked these because they had a larger balcony and they were 1/2 covered. Which date are you sailing on the Golden Marjb? We are sailing 1/21/06. We have 13 couples in our group, 6 cabins of people who have cruised before and 7 cabins of new cruisers. It should be interesting.

Norske

Believe, but not certain, that the Aloha balconies are more private, in that you don't have anybody above you. Have read in other posts that sometimes trash from above lands on thesse balconies, but I suspect it is more accidental wind gusts blowing things around than intended tossing.

We have been assigned a balcony cabin on the Lido Deck. This is fine with DH because he doesn't usually go out on the balcony and he likes being close to the 24 hour food. I on the other hand like to sit out on the balcony. How is the veranda for a European Cruise? Big enough for me to sit outside and relax?

just back from the golden C329 last sunday.The balcony is very big with room for two lounges(ask cabin steward-ROLEX),two recliner chairs,a table for two to eat and a small table.It felt full,not crowded.the door between the cabins can be opened.As for sun,it depends on which way you are facing.A few nights we saw sunset and others we were facing the wrong way.There was plenty of privacy and more open space on the balcony.It was so nice out there I didnt want to be any where else.I sunned,read,relaxed and drank my wine I brought outside.Wonderful cabin wonderful vacation.Any more question,just ask

just back from the golden C329 last sunday.The balcony is very big with room for two lounges(ask cabin steward-ROLEX),two recliner chairs,a table for two to eat and a small table.It felt full,not crowded.the door between the cabins can be opened.As for sun,it depends on which way you are facing.A few nights we saw sunset and others we were facing the wrong way.There was plenty of privacy and more open space on the balcony.It was so nice out there I didnt want to be any where else.I sunned,read,relaxed and drank my wine I brought outside.Wonderful cabin wonderful vacation.Any more question,just ask

Glad you had a good time.

We will be on the Lido Deck L255 on the Golden.

Last year we sailed the Diamond Princess and were upgraded to C409 on Caribe and it was wonderful. Of course DH didn't sit outside much, but he did come outside to watch wildlife and the glacier. (DH is afraid of water, but it doesn't prevent us from cruising, we go Western Europe next).

Archived