Best iPhone app for tracking flights

katanna

Hey guys,

What is the best iPhone app for tracking flights? I mostly want two things:

1) tracking the gate of the flight, and

2) maps of airports.

Is there a good app that has both of these things? Thanks!

Matthew

For gate info, I would suggest using the app from the airline itself. Or the airport app, if available. For maps, just use a website that has the map, either from the airline or the airport itself.

There are a number of flight apps out there - have tried a bunch and all have their strong points and weak points.

Personally, I'd just get the airport maps before I left home and email them to my phone. I could then just bring them up as a graphic without any connection needed. As for gates....if you REALLY want the latest info, look at a monitor in the concourse.

I travel so much that I have many such apps on my iPhone and iPad. I agree about having the app for your own airline, but I also have (among others) the pro Flight Tracker, WorldMate Gold, Flight Board and for airport handy info the free Gate Guru.

It is very interesting how the data they provide varies as my travels go along.

I have the apps set up to notify me of changes and they vary in their response to situational changes for flights. I also check the actual flight arrivals and departure boards at the airports.

Where these apps really come in handy is for gate changes which you sometimes have to do at a run!

But always verify!

The apps also provide me with some entertainment value. Get the free ones first and then upgrade to the paid ones if you feel you need to.

Did you know that you can get FREE apps to help you find parking at DFW? Also when you are in DFW, there are several apps including Gate Guru (free app) that will give you coupons on your iPhone for special prices on food, beverages and merchandise in various places around the airport?

This sort of stuff is fun as well as useful.

Bon Voyage!

Archived