Tortola, Nassau

CanadianMAG

I posted this in another section with no luck.

Can anyone recomend a catamaran, or yacht tour it does not need to be private, but NOT a booze cruise or party boat. I have looked around and they are about $100/ pp and take you to areas to snorkel, and they feed you. :D

I would appreciate some eecomendations for either Torotola, or Nassau.

Thank you!

here are some possibilities for tortola -

patouche charters http://www.patouche.com; ;kuralu charters http://www.kuralu.com (friends used them in nov and were very pleased) aristocrat charters http://www.aristocrat.com;or silmaril charters http://www.charteraboat.com/silamaril

phone numbers are (in order listed ) all area code 284

494-6300

495-4381

499-1249 or 495-4087

495-9225

Hope this helps.. *S*

Used Patouche last December and thought they were excellent. Small number of passengers, good food, went to the Baths on Virgin Gorda and then a second stop for more snorkeling. They even drove us back to the Zuiderdam. Was $90 per person if you booked online and well worth it.

CanadaMAG .... HAL offers a great sailing catamaran excursion which is bacially a WONDERFUL SAIL which includes a stop to snorkel/swim and a beach/snorkel stop.

Mostly, it is S-A-I-L-I-N-G ... and so beautiful:

Review: Virgin Island Sailaway (Click Here)

(Posted on Port of Call Board under Caribbean Other)

On the return trip rum punch is served and there is a bar at the beach where drinks may be purchashed ... BUT, IN NO WAY IS THIS A BOOZE CRUISE!!!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Thanks! that was a wonderful review. I actually signed onto HALs site to book it and the only excursions they offer for Tortola are 2 Dolphin encounters??? :confused:

I called HAL and he told me that that means those are the only two excursions they are offering at that time?? I asked him, maybe they are not all showing because it is 75 days away? He said no thats not the reason, he said they only offer 2 dolphin excursions there. I then asked, why then do they show more on the brochure and online it is only different when I log onto with my booking number, he said, we don't offer it that day. He even logged into my account and confirmed the same thing I saw/

Ok, does this sound strange to other people? I think its unusual. You can't tell me they are not having a tour to see the baths?!

NASSAU:

We took the Seahorse Sail & Snorkel excursion; the reef they took us too was wonderful! It was a diverted reef as we had really rough waters so we got to go to their 5-star site instead of the 4-star we paid for. Their snorkel equipment (some were old stuff) and the catamaran was very slippery when wet! 15 pax fell that day! Also the walk to the catamaran from the ship was at least 4 blocks away, this was the same for all water excursions.

Shopping was ok but prices seemed high in all ship recommended stores, we found the best deals for souvenirs in the straw market which was very hot and smelly hehehe. We did not care too much for this port.

TORTOLA:

What a beautiful little island! Good shopping was about 4 blocks from the ship, 2 blocks from the ship was

called rip- off alley, however we found a lot of good deals there, town shops didn’t deal with their prices, and again we found that the ship sponsored shops were very high prices. We went on the Virgin Sail Away snorkeling excursion. The waters were clear blue and snorkeling was good. We went to Morgan’s island to the caves to snorkel, there were lots of jellyfish and luckily they were not the stinging kind. Back onto the catamaran to a private beach with one bar on it and a closet sized gift shop. The beach was pleasant but very rocky and sharp coral hurt your bare feet getting in and out of the water, we did wear water shoes however before we were able to get on the catamaran we had to take off our shoes and put them in a container, no shoes allowed on the catamaran, we would have protested had we known about the beach area.

Still it was very beautiful and worth the money!:)

Ok, does this sound strange to other people? I think its unusual. You can't tell me they are not having a tour to see the baths?!
It seems very strange, and it also sounds like they dont know what their talking about. It may be too soon for all shore ex to show up, I just cant see HAL not making money on shore ex in Tortola! JMHO :)

Archived