just off the monarch 3/21-3/25

Thanks for the review and pic's. We leave 2 weeks from today and can't wait. Coco Cay is calling our names. I've been there 1 time and loves it. Nina (my daughter) has never cruised so shes in for a treat.

LOCE the dress btw! Wonderful colors :)

First off thanks Witch for the great review. We're heading out this Friday the 1st for our first cruise. Should be fun. Also 30 yr. old's and it's our first trip since having a little boy 8 months ago. He's going to grandma's and we're gonna sleep/drink/eat. ;) Noted about the fun drinks. We'll be partaking no doubt! (Doing the rum runner's as well, wish us luck)

Ok for the rest of you folks curious about the Deck 9 Sov's. I put together a very rough diagram based off a picture of the Monarch. I cross referenced tons of reviews from this site, including many contributors photo's, and RCL's deck plan site. I originally used this info to deduce down which cabins, towards the aft (quieter), would have a decent "partially obstructed view". The ones with black crosses were not available when I was booking. The cabin numbers of a few are listed to cross reference with the RCCL deck plan on their website. The HC is the handicapped room. It's a regular jpeg so you should be able to zoom in and rotate if need be. If you rotate it is easier to decipher the other side of the ship's layout. All cabins down one side are listed as 9500 series and the other side is 9000 series. Might need to "save" the picture and use a photo program or "windows paint" (as I used) to be able to zoom in enough to see the cabins.

Hope it helps someone else and if anyone has any questions, holler at me! ;)

655053286_cabindiagram.jpg.c2bc9588d574008558196345a861dfdb.jpg

Probably a dumb question, but here goes..... we seemed to have always been seated for dinner during the sail away, so what is that all about and should we plan on doing that? We have a 17 year old girl who has never cruised before. Thanks

sail away is really just a party on deck with a dj and music when the ship pulls out of port. there will be dancing and lots of bartenders strolling around plying you with drink. is it fun? sure. is it the end of the world if you miss it? definitely not. plus they usually do it every time the ship pulls out of port.

Archived