Drinks Package Question Regarding Payment

Maz_1

If I book our Drinks Package now for our June sailing. When you give your Credit Card details, that are already registered on our on board account. Do you have to pay now or is payment taken at the end of the cruise? If payment is taken now, then I think we will wait until 5 days before sailing. :confused:

If I book our Drinks Package now for our June sailing. When you give your Credit Card details, that are already registered on our on board account. Do you have to pay now or is payment taken at the end of the cruise? If payment is taken now, then I think we will wait until 5 days before sailing. :confused:

Hi,

The rate for the package (premium) costs $57.50 per day including tip, so for a 10 night cruise the total is $575, now find out what the charge is in £'s and then you can get the rate that X will give you.

EG we sailed in Feb I prepurchased the packages and the equivelent rate

was 1.63 to the pound.

The best high street rate was $1.55 to the pound .

Get a 12 month 0% CC and use that and pay it off before you cruise.

The same works for OBC you can buy that in $25 amounts and get the same exchange rate.

Hi,

If you book the drinks package now, you will have to pay now. The $/£ rate of exchange is a major factor as to when you buy the package.

You could of course wait until 5 days before but don't wait until you are on board as you will be charge in $ and you will be subject to the credit card companies rate exchange and service charge (2.75%).

I think that Celebrity offers a good exchange rate for advance purchases in GP£.

Jim

Archived