Best Ruby dining room and Wait Staff team?

malonzo4

I will be cruising on the Ruby Eastern Caribbean 4/17 and just wondering can anyone recommend a dining room and particular wait staff team. This will be my 4th cruise with Princess and have always lucked out with finding (imo) great waiters or waitress' but sometimes not to well into the cruise. Obviously friendly, funning and of course accommodating are some qualities being sought. We also leave auto tip and always tip above and beyond for excellent service.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Assuming you mean TD I didn't think you could request a dining room and team, you aren't able to request a table and team, those are preassigned, no?

I will be cruising on the Ruby Eastern Caribbean 4/17 and just wondering can anyone recommend a dining room and particular wait staff team. This will be my 4th cruise with Princess and have always lucked out with finding (imo) great waiters or waitress' but sometimes not to well into the cruise. Obviously friendly, funning and of course accommodating are some qualities being sought. We also leave auto tip and always tip above and beyond for excellent service.

Thanks for any suggestions!

If you have Traditional (fixed) dining, there is only the one dining room and choice. If you have Anytime dining, there are two dining rooms, one on deck 5 and one on deck 6. Waitstaff are frequently rotated between dining rooms so if someone recommends a waitstaff team from a month ago, they may be in a different dining room when you board. I guess it's worth a shot but I wouldn't set my expectations to one waitstaff.

We were on the Ruby March 6 cruise and had anytime dining. Godwin (who is IMHO the most wonderful dining room maitre d') was in the 5 deck dining room - I'm sorry but I don't pay attention to the names of the dining rooms. He is an amazing person who remembers your name from prior cruises and arranges for wonderful tables. The first night our party of four went first to deck 6 to the dining room and found out that Godwin was on deck 5 so down we went. He greeted us with hugs & kisses and we all were happy!

We had AD last month on the Ruby and used the Da Vinci room each night and were fortunate enough to get the same table every night but one and on that night we had a table in the same area to get the same waiters.

Our Jr waiter was Subban and Sr Waiter was Euthen both from Thailand and they were excellent.

We were on the Ruby March 6 cruise and had anytime dining. Godwin (who is IMHO the most wonderful dining room maitre d') was in the 5 deck dining room - I'm sorry but I don't pay attention to the names of the dining rooms. He is an amazing person who remembers your name from prior cruises and arranges for wonderful tables. The first night our party of four went first to deck 6 to the dining room and found out that Godwin was on deck 5 so down we went. He greeted us with hugs & kisses and we all were happy!

I agree with Ann, 100%! Godwin was in the Michelangelo for that cruise but is sometimes up one level in Da Vincini. Our superb waitstaff included Edwin (main waiter) and Joel (asst.). Could not ask for a better combination. Once Godwin knows you, he will always remember you! :p

I agree with Ann, 100%! Godwin was in the Michelangelo for that cruise but is sometimes up one level in Da Vincini. Our superb waitstaff included Edwin (main waiter) and Joel (asst.). Could not ask for a better combination. Once Godwin knows you, he will always remember you! :p

I could not agree more with Ann & Lynda. By the way thanks for speaking with him for Sharon & I. Already emailed our "reservation" and he's responded "Reservation Placed". Can't wait until Sunday to see the "G" Men.

if you're in anytime dining, Godwin is usually (though not always) the Head Waiter in the DiVinci Dining Room on Deck 6, and Rui is the Head waiter in the Michelangelo Dining Room on Deck 5. They are both superb. As for actual table wait staff, Kayan (from Jamaica) is the best: professional, friendly, fun, knowledgable and helpful. I don't know who she is currently paired with as her Assistant Waiter, but it really matter because she trains them all impecably.

Oh, and that is not to say there aren't other wonderful waiters on the Ruby. But, we've sailed with Kayan at least 5 times, and always ask for her by name because she is so good.

Happy sailing!

Archived