Valor or Liberty??? Same itinerary.

Hi all,

I was looking to book a cruise for March 2012, and the Valor and Liberty both leave from Miami, going to the same ports, just in reverse order. I know that they are the same class of ship, so how do I decide between the two? The price doesn't help as it is about a 7 dollar difference between the fares. I've also read some review on both, and they don't seem different in anything except deco. Any personal preference or opinions on which ship you like better?

-Brittany

Hi all,

I was looking to book a cruise for March 2012, and the Valor and Liberty both leave from Miami, going to the same ports, just in reverse order. I know that they are the same class of ship, so how do I decide between the two? The price doesn't help as it is about a 7 dollar difference between the fares. I've also read some review on both, and they don't seem different in anything except deco. Any personal preference or opinions on which ship you like better?

-Brittany

Seems like the only difference is the decor... I haven't been on the Liberty (YET!) but I've read all kinds of good things about the decor. I can also tell you that there were many things decorwise I didn't like about the Valor. The Lobby was nice and the promenade was pretty also... but the mural in the lobby elevator area didn't really match the rest, the pink dining room was ugh, and I found Rosie's to be... just a wierd color combo and a little too diner like.

Don't get me wrong.. I LOVED my cruise on the Valor, but pictures I've seen of the Liberty have been much more elegant.

Nevermind... the Valor cruise has disappeared. It has been there for almost a month and I had it saved in my favorites. Last time I checked was last night, and it was there. No it isn't, odd. But I guess I'm going with the Liberty since I don't know what happened to the Valor itinerary. :confused:

Seems like the only difference is the decor... I haven't been on the Liberty (YET!) but I've read all kinds of good things about the decor. I can also tell you that there were many things decorwise I didn't like about the Valor. The Lobby was nice and the promenade was pretty also... but the mural in the lobby elevator area didn't really match the rest, the pink dining room was ugh, and I found Rosie's to be... just a wierd color combo and a little too diner like.

Don't get me wrong.. I LOVED my cruise on the Valor, but pictures I've seen of the Liberty have been much more elegant.

I did notice that from the pictures as well! I just wanted to be sure I wasn't over looking something. But the Valor cruise for that week is no longer listed, so I guess I'm going with the Liberty. Thanks:)

They are really about the same. The Valor just came out of dry dock,that is where the refurbish it ,new carpet and such! You might want to try Valor out .

Thank you for the info!

Yep - the Valor is now doing 6 and 8 day cruises.

Yes, I see that. The 7 day I was referring to was replaced by a six day cruise starting one day later. It is also 3 ports instead of 4 (Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios instead of Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman).

It almost seems like a no brainer now. The Liberty cruise to 4 ports is only $10 more pp.

Archived