Downgrade Fairy?

jcaviateur

So do they offer a cash refund (or credited to your method of payment), or do they give you a voucher for a free future cruise? Big difference, IMO. I would (might) go for the first, but not the second.

We had our am/ex credited back.

So do they offer a cash refund (or credited to your method of payment), or do they give you a voucher for a free future cruise? Big difference, IMO. I would (might) go for the first, but not the second.

We got the $ amount as an OBC, and whatever we didn't use was refunded to our credit cards. Basically, whatever we spend on board (including tips) was what the cruise cost us.

I just got back from my "free" cruise with NCL! Here's the scoop...

I know there's the Upgrade Fairy, but a Downgrade Fairy? About a week prior to embarakation on the Star, I received a call from NCL about my cruise. They wanted to know if I would be willing to give up my balcony cabin and downgrade to an obstructed view cabin. In return, I would receive a full refund on my fare, less taxes. Well, as much as I was looking forward to my balcony, a free cruise is hard to pass up!! So, adios balcony! :)

I've never heard of this happening before. It sounds similar to when an airline is overbooked and ask for volunteers in exchange for compensation. Anybody experience this before?

I'll write up a review and post a video tour of the ship soon.

I would take that deal.

I just got back from my "free" cruise with NCL! Here's the scoop...

I know there's the Upgrade Fairy, but a Downgrade Fairy? About a week prior to embarakation on the Star, I received a call from NCL about my cruise. They wanted to know if I would be willing to give up my balcony cabin and downgrade to an obstructed view cabin. In return, I would receive a full refund on my fare, less taxes. Well, as much as I was looking forward to my balcony, a free cruise is hard to pass up!! So, adios balcony! :)

I've never heard of this happening before. It sounds similar to when an airline is overbooked and ask for volunteers in exchange for compensation. Anybody experience this before?

I'll write up a review and post a video tour of the ship soon.

Wow !!! Wonder where they'll put me if I have an inside again ? In the laundry ? :p

Archived