Anyone ever stay at Inlet Towers?

ruespal

Our one night in Anchorage we are staying at Inlet Towers (through priceline) I've read good and bad reviews. Has anyone stayed here in the past year? Thanks in advance

HI, when I travel I too use Priceline and Hotwire (I am currently searching out my FLL hotel). Living in Anchorage I can tell you that its a good mile walk to downtown, but there is a 'quaint' grocery store called New Sagayas close by. Their restaurant at the Inlet Towers has great reviews, called Mixx Grill, but I just haven't gone there yet. But - here's what I can tell you - I use the tripadvisor.com website when looking at hotels for my travel. Here's what they say about the Inlet Towers.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60880-d113017-Reviews-Inlet_Tower_Hotel_Suites-Anchorage_Alaska.html

Our one night in Anchorage we are staying at Inlet Towers (through priceline) I've read good and bad reviews. Has anyone stayed here in the past year? Thanks in advance

I've never stayed there but a friend was in town a couple of years ago and said it was okay.

Originally, this place was an apartment building. I went there years ago because my hairdresser had a shop. Can't remember when it turned into a hotel though!

Now the food, last time we ate at Mixx Grill it was great. The only thing it's a small place so go early or you can always hang out in the bar until there is a table ready.

Susan in Anchorage :)

We too just got this hotel through priceline for our trip in august. We will not have a car. Our flight comes in about 2:30pm and we will be taking the morning train to Seward. So just want to look around town a little and have dinner and breakfast. Is this do-able with out a car?

Can I ask what price did you bid for on priceline and got the bid? I'm trying to do the same on priceline but not a very experience user on priceline. Any tips or info would help a lot. Thanks.

Ling

We too just got this hotel through priceline for our trip in august. We will not have a car. Our flight comes in about 2:30pm and we will be taking the morning train to Seward. So just want to look around town a little and have dinner and breakfast. Is this do-able with out a car?

You'll be at 12th & L. Most of the downtown stuff is on 4th and 5th between C and H. So you're looking at a walk of 7 or 8 blocks north and then 4 to 10 blocks west, all according to what you want to see.

Can I ask what price did you bid for on priceline and got the bid? I'm trying to do the same on priceline but not a very experience user on priceline. Any tips or info would help a lot. Thanks.

Ling

I find that this website helps - www.biddingfortravel.com It explains the rating system and then some people post what they won at.

Ling

First I bid $99 a night and was rejected. They offered me a re-bid of $124 but I rejected it. You can bid again 2 days later without changing your parameters and just go up on price. They send an email when you can bid again. So I next bid $106 and was accepted. The AAA rate on their website is about $162 a night so I guess I did ok.

You'll be at 12th & L. Most of the downtown stuff is on 4th and 5th between C and H. So you're looking at a walk of 7 or 8 blocks north and then 4 to 10 blocks west, all according to what you want to see.

Thanks for the info. Their website says they have a shuttle to the downtown area and the airport. I hope that is true. I was hoping for a shuttle to the train too.

Archived