Pre: Century Cruise Hotel - help w/ Hilton Miami

waterloogirl

Hi everyone,

I am a Hilton HHonours member (have been for years) and got a great deal on the Doubletree Biscayne Bay for Sunday, Apr 10th (pre 5 day Century cruise). I have now looked on TripAdvisor and to my horror, there are countless terrible reviews of this property (bad outweigh the good). Has anyone stayed at this property??

I booked non-refundable but it was such a good rate, if the hotel is truly terrible, I'll give up the cash and book elsewhere.

Many thanks!!!

Hi everyone,

I am a Hilton HHonours member (have been for years) and got a great deal on the Doubletree Biscayne Bay for Sunday, Apr 10th (pre 5 day Century cruise). I have now looked on TripAdvisor and to my horror, there are countless terrible reviews of this property (bad outweigh the good). Has anyone stayed at this property??

I booked non-refundable but it was such a good rate, if the hotel is truly terrible, I'll give up the cash and book elsewhere.

Many thanks!!!

You may wish to check out the Florida Departures board for further information.

We stayed at the Miami Downtown Hilton which is across the street of the DoubleTree for one night before our January Celebrity cruise. One day was probably all I could take at the Hilton. They did give us a free upgrade to a view room though. Both hotels are way out of town (but close to the pier) so there is nothing near by. Since we arrived very late, we just grabbed a quick dinner and went to bed.

I cannot tell by your post of you are staying at your hotel for 5 days or the cruise is 5 days. If it's the hotel, I would move to an area with more to do. For one day, I might live with it. If you plan to stay more than one night (and want to stay downtown) check the Hyatt Regency or Intercon.

Although I have never been a guest at the hotel, I have gone to many weddings and social functions there. It seems like a nice enough hotel to me. Yes, it's in a part of town where you can't really walk anywhere, but it's also a short cab ride to many of the downtown restaurants, Mary Brickell Village area and Midtown (Design District) which has excellent restaurants. It also is not a far cab ride to South Beach if that's where you would like to go. If you got a great deal and it's just for one night it will be perfectly fine. It is close to the port. The property is next to The Grand condominium (they share the same entrance) and the Biscayne Marriott.

Thank you! It is only for one night and "decent hotel" works for me.... given the TripAdvisor reviews, I was quite worried it would be a disaster. We're arriving early on Sunday so will likely grab a cab to south beach for the day and head out early for the port Monday. Thanks again for the responses.

Archived