Anyone going to Ephesus soon?

Are there guidebooks in Ephesus?

I'd be willing to reinburse you for the book and postage (not for the trip, lol...) if you could possibly pick up a simple guidebook (nothing too intricate or long...) that maybe shows the pictures of Ephesus and an explanation of the ruins?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Ephesus 2 years ago and hope to be returning towards the end of this year, yes they sell many books/guides at the ruins but use the internet too-I did alot of research online and found out alot of the history and maps of the area all online, so give that a go. Its a lovely place to visit.

http://www.ephesus.us/ this is just one link of many out there, give it a try.:)

Amazon also sell guide books ......

Yes you can do it alone if you wish. Ephesus is about 30 minutes by car from the port and there will be taxis at either end. You enter the ruins from one end and exit from another.

There is a book at the gift shop that is very good with photos and you will have no trouble. MAKE SURE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE TERRACE HOUSES.

I can't stress this enough- they are the best part of the ruins and aren't much extra but you can't enter them without the tickets.

We went on a ship tour and the tour guide's voice was really shrill and it was dull listening to her in the baking hot sun.

Bring an umbrella for shade there really is no shade in Ephesus. Its wonderful though and I loved it even in 100 degree weather.

Are there guidebooks in Ephesus?

I'd be willing to reinburse you for the book and postage (not for the trip, lol...) if you could possibly pick up a simple guidebook (nothing too intricate or long...) that maybe shows the pictures of Ephesus and an explanation of the ruins?

Thanks!

A numbered map of the ruins and a descriptive page for each of the 28 places of interest in ancient Ephesus can be found here:

http://www.ephesus.ws/ephesus-map.html

Simply enlarge the map to fit a letter-size page & print. No need to purchase a book. Each of the sites within the ruins has it's own descriptive page w/photos. Print each page, attach the map page and..voila...you've made your own guide-book to the ruins.

A numbered map of the ruins and a descriptive page for each of the 28 places of interest in ancient Ephesus can be found here:

http://www.ephesus.ws/ephesus-map.html

Simply enlarge the map to fit a letter-size page & print. No need to purchase a book. Each of the sites within the ruins has it's own descriptive page w/photos. Print each page, attach the map page and..voila...you've made your own guide-book to the ruins.

If you do Ephesus on your own, question. Should you just take taxi to the site? Do you have him/her meet you at the other end? Or are there taxis waiting at the other end? I like the idea of researching and then doing it on my own, at my own pace. Thanks.

If you do Ephesus on your own, question. Should you just take taxi to the site? Do you have him/her meet you at the other end? Or are there taxis waiting at the other end? I like the idea of researching and then doing it on my own, at my own pace. Thanks.

We went on our own. We walked out of the dock area and turned right, further down the road is a large taxi rank with really reasonable prices for a return trip to Ephesus, much cheaper than those at the dock. We just kept walking until we saw the signs for the cost of an Ephesus trip coming down. they all had notices up as to the fixed cost for the trip. We got a really nice guy who waited for us at the exit and then stopped at key places to let us take photographs on the return journey. There are also plenty of taxis waiting at the exit if you would rather do it that way. Either way it is a wonderful sight to behold and experience and one I will definitely do again. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Archived