Nov. 13 on the Allure (gay couples with kids)

Volunton

My partner and I (a gay male couple with two kids) and another gay male couple with three kids - ALL kids between 3 - 5 y.o. are 'this' close to booking the RCCL Allure for the Nov. 13/2011 sailing. You've been warned! :)

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone else has been on the ship with their kids and how you were treated as a gay couple/gay family? (We've done NCL with no issues btw.)

We specifically chose the ship because my brother and his wife have been on it twice already and really like it! They said there would be a lot of activities for smaller kids - and the itinerary seems MUCH MORE gay friendly than some of the other islands ie. Jamaica, St. Kitts and St. Lucia, where I have read horror stories. Therefore, I won't support them or even attempt to get off the ship. I'll stick with ports I know ie. St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Thoughts?

Anyone else 'on board' so to speak?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't speak on the part of having kids on the ship as my partner and I don't have any kids. However, we are pretty darn sure we will be going on this sailing with our friends who are a wonderful gay couple from NY. I should have capitalized wonderful cause that's just how great they are....and they will probably read this post. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we've confirmed the sailing and "ONLY" have to pay the balance in late August. Our friends (gay couple) with the three girls (ages 3,3,5) are coming with us so it will be nice to know a few people.

Hopefully we'll get this thread moving a bit more as time gets closer and your friends find out/finalize things.

Hi Guys I have just found this thread looking for another sailing but I'm booked on this sailing as a gay man I have no kids so can't speake for other people but you won't be the "only gays in the village" so to speake. I'm from Manchester UK and would be great to meet up with all you guys & little ladys and get to know yous. I'm travelling over TA on the Liberty with a friend (just friends travel seperate cabins LOL) also Gay and then doing this sailing the next day. He is meeting other gay friends on this sailing aswell so I wouldn't worry and as I'm sure you are aware if anyone has a problem it's there's not yours but at least you know there's a few of us knocking about and as you say I'm sure the thread will start moving nearer the time eventhough it is only 6 months away :D

Archived