Romantic Ideas for Finance???

CessnaAV8R

Hey all:

So I have a honeymoon cruise booked for November 2011 on Celebrity Eclipse and I was curious what some people have done for their significant others on crusie ships to be romantic?

My finance has never been on a cruise before and couple that with it being our honeymoon, I want to do some extra special stuff for her.

I have made a post on the Celebrity forum and have gotten some cruise line specific ideas but I am posting here to get some ideas just in general.

Any ideas you can give me would be most appreciated and I am open to any ideas at all!

Thanks!

Hey all:

So I have a honeymoon cruise booked for November 2011 on Celebrity Eclipse and I was curious what some people have done for their significant others on crusie ships to be romantic?

My finance has never been on a cruise before and couple that with it being our honeymoon, I want to do some extra special stuff for her.

I have made a post on the Celebrity forum and have gotten some cruise line specific ideas but I am posting here to get some ideas just in general.

Any ideas you can give me would be most appreciated and I am open to any ideas at all!

Thanks!

When do you leave? What is your Itinerary? Are you flying into the disembarkation port early; spending a few nights post-cruise? All this can make a huge difference. Let us know the details and we can help out!!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Hi Kel,

Well the cruise is November 12th. It departs out of Miami. We will be visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas and Philipsburg, St. Maarten. It is a 7 night cruise so we have 3 days at sea.

We are staying with family a couple of days before the cruise and a couple of days after so I wasn't planning on doing anything pre or post cruise. However, a friend did suggest staying at a hotel hat overlooks the port the night before.

Like I said, I am open to any suggestion! To get us going another member on this site suggested I ask the a capella on the ship to sing a song. I thought that was a good idea. Another suggested dinner on the balcony.

Thanks a bunch!

Hi Kel,

Well the cruise is November 12th. It departs out of Miami. We will be visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas and Philipsburg, St. Maarten. It is a 7 night cruise so we have 3 days at sea.

We are staying with family a couple of days before the cruise and a couple of days after so I wasn't planning on doing anything pre or post cruise. However, a friend did suggest staying at a hotel hat overlooks the port the night before.

Like I said, I am open to any suggestion! To get us going another member on this site suggested I ask the a capella on the ship to sing a song. I thought that was a good idea. Another suggested dinner on the balcony.

Thanks a bunch!

Just got off the Eclipse a couple of weeks ago -- perfect ship!! :)

--try one or two of the alternative restaurants (Muranos is upscale; Q-sine is fun and filling; Tuscan Grill is a great experience)

--Embarkation day -- go to the Bistro on Five for your first lunch.

--San Juan -- walk over to El Moro and fly kites together for an hour (give them away to kids) tour the fort together, then walk through old San Juan. After dinner, head back out to the left as you leave the ship -- there a great walkway along the ocean that is very romantic after dark.

--In St Thomas, sign up for for a "day sail" with one of the independent owners. We did HighPockets, but there are many. Usually only six people on board, sail to St Johns and snorkel; usually they fix a great lunch; mention your honeymoon and they will provide champagne.

--Breakfast on the balcony is fun!

--SouthBeach in Miami is a must! Arrive (southern area of SoBe) the afternoon after you disembark, and watch the Eclipse sail away from the beach (usually around 5:00pm).

--Once we took a walk along the riverwalk in Las Olas (Ft Lauderdale) and discovered a brick in the walk that read "Lauren M******** The Love of my Life (with a heart). I had set it up months before and she had no idea it was there; her reaction was priceless. (did it all online)

I'm sure others will have some ideas!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Hi Kel,

Thanks so much for the suggestions! You have given me some great ideas! We are going to go the the restaurants. How often do you get fine dining at such a resonable price right?

The excursion ideas are very nice and I really like the brick idea. I may steal that one if you don't mind! :-)

Hi Kel,

Thanks so much for the suggestions! You have given me some great ideas! We are going to go the the restaurants. How often do you get fine dining at such a resonable price right?

The excursion ideas are very nice and I really like the brick idea. I may steal that one if you don't mind! :-)

Here is the site for the "bricks":

https://www.goriverwalk.com/signature-brick-online-order/

Remember, Las Olas is about 25 miles north of Miami -- so you can drive there; the water-taxi in Ft Lauderdale runs along this area.

Enjoy!

Kel

The greater your finances are, the more romance your gonna get. If your talking about your fiancé, give her flowers.

Is anyone chuckling about this besides me? I'd LOVE to have a "finance" right about now! (99 years old, a millionaire, with no living family, and who looooooves me!)

Thanks for the spelling correction. Got any original ideas that span beyond the usual that can be done any day of the week?

There's a movie called "Four Seasons" (early 80's with Carol Burnett and Alan Alda. Comedy-drama, and good movie!) In it, a guy who left his wife and has a much younger girlfriend, gives the girlfriend a different "gift" every day during their private sail in the USVI. They weren't expensive gifts (except for the engagement ring in the clam), but were total surprises.

Surprise is the main element. Put a nice wrapped perfume into her cosmetic bag next to her toothbrush. Put a great pair of designer sunglasses in her beach bag next to her sunblock. Put (tape) a gift card for Victoria's Secret inside her swimsuit. Arrange for the Dining Room waiter to "decorate" the top of her dessert with a cute pair of earrings. Arrange for her to be "called" to the Purser's Desk (gulp!) on a sea day, and then have nice flowers presented. The ideas are endless! You will LOVE Celebrity - happy cruising!

Some cheaper romantic things --

a walk on the deck at sunset

dancing, lots & lots of slow dancing

breakfast in bed which is very easy since room service is included :)

give her a massage in your cabin (or if money is no object do a couples massage at the spa)

pop some love notes in her suitcase while she's packing

Archived