Central time vs. ship time

mom22tinks

I am cruising out of Galveston in three weeks and we will be going to Cozumel and Progresso. Does anyone happen to know if the ship will be on the same time as the ports? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I am cruising out of Galveston in three weeks and we will be going to Cozumel and Progresso. Does anyone happen to know if the ship will be on the same time as the ports? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

You guys should be ok time zone wise. They are both pretty much south. Either way it doesn't matter while you're on shore. It always stays on ship time. We went through two time zones on the Legend last week. Good thing my fiance wears a watch so we could stay on time without having to worry. Ship time rules all! :D

Cozumel & Progresso are on Central time, but they are not yet on daylight savings time. I believe they switch in early April. When you cruise in 3 weeks, they should have converted by then, so port time will be on Central Daylight Time, the same time as the ship.

Thank you both for responding.

DDlodml... I thought that was the case, but I really was hoping someone would confirm it. Thanks:) Plus I wasn't sure if the ship would be on central time or not. So thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

Tried booking with Capt Marvins on Grand Cayman (4/5) on a late morning trip. They responded back by placing us on the early morning trip because they will be 1 hour behind the boat time and we would miss the last tender. So make sure you know what time it is on the ship:eek:

timeanddate dot com will give you all the info you need regarding time zone & daylight savings in any city. For the Mexico ports, they start daylight savings this coming Sunday morning. From then until October 30, they will be equal to what the Central Time Zone of the U.S. is at. Since you're cruise is in a few weeks, everything should be fine for you. All times equal. Ship time will be Central Time out of Galveston, and will remain that way.

To golfb4cruzing: Grand Cayman is in the Eastern Time Zone, however, they do not observe daylight savings time at all. What this means is that Grand Cayman is equal to where the Central Time Zone is at right now. If you are cruising out of Florida, what you were told is correct. Thank you for pointing out on these boards why it is important to know this information.

Thank you both for responding.

DDlodml... I thought that was the case, but I really was hoping someone would confirm it. Thanks:) Plus I wasn't sure if the ship would be on central time or not. So thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

We cruised on Elation on March 12-17; our first night on the cruise we had to adjust ship's time to daylight savings time. That made our cruise one hour shorter:mad:!

When we docked in Progresso at 7:00 AM ship's time it was 6:00 AM local time. We took the Carnival tour to Uxmal and our tour guide for the ruins told us he had to wake up at 4:00 AM that morning in order to get ready and meet our ship at the pier. He told us that Progresso would change their clocks for daylight savings time the first weekend in April.

Archived