Valparaiso to Buenos Aires-Balcony or Ocean View?

ottofocus

We have sailed from Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso and now are contemplating

finishing off the cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires.

We usually prefer a balcony cabin but are wondering if the weather permits using the balcony? Would an ocean view be more sensible? Input appreciated.

HI,

We have never taken this itinerary but we also have had both balcony and outside cabins and what we do is try to figure out the number of days that we will be able to use the balcony. We had a balcony on a cruise last year from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal and were extremely happy we did because we were able to take pictures when we were in the saguenay fjord. It was too cold to stay on the outer decks but the balcony was protected enough and I could go back in the cabin when it got too cold. I would look at the places you are going to visit and how much you like to take pictures and then make an informed decision considering what the difference in price between the two cabins are.

By the way we are in an outside cabin for our next cruise, a transatlantic in May and then have a balcony cabin for a 14 day Alaskan cruise in September from Vancouver to LA which included a glacier visit and two inside passageway cruises.

Have a great next cruise.

We just got back from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. There were days that a balcony would have been nice and others I believe it would have been uncomfortable to be outside. You never really know what the weather will be, but the wind plays a large roll since it makes it feel a lot cooler than it really is. If money is no object then go for the balcony.

Don

WE just got homefrom Valparaiso to Buenos Aires and I had wanted to get a balcony but unfortunately they were all booked. some of the folks who had a balcony said they did not get a lot of use out of their balcony due to the cold weather. I feel that we would not have been able to enjoy the balcony much as the wind was very cold for half of the cruise.

Thanks for the input. We've had balcony cabins on both of our Alaskan cruises (May and September-colder months) and were glad we did. The winds in and around the Straits of Magellean are known to be heavy, hence my question. I think we'll sped the $ though and opt for the balcony.

Thanks

Ottofocus

Skyward x 2

Starward

Monarch Sun

Seawind Crown

Summit

Infinity

Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Star

Hi ... I've been looking at doing a Celebrity cruise next year, somewhere in South America .... I appreciate your comments about the balcony. I usually do cruises with Royal Caribbean. I've heard great things about Celebrity. However, my real question is regarding the overall atmosphere of the passengers. I've heard that Celebrity passengers tend to be older and a bit "stuffy" (sorry, not trying to offend anyone here, just wondering) .... And for those of you who have been to South America, what did you think of the ports of call? Did you do any excursions?

Thanks very much.

DallasSteve

Archived