Stupid Question - but ya'll always have the answer

ticka1

I am going on my 1st cruise in 35 days - well my DH is looking into the future and wants to take our 15 year old daugther soon to be 16 year old on a cruise with us.

When looking at rooms on Carnival website - how do I tell the room occupancy? I was looking to book one room and I got an error that 3 persons per room was over.

Is there an easy way to determine? BTW I am looking at sailing on TRUIMPH out of Galveston next year - that's the ship I am looking at booking another cruise on.

It might be easier to call Carnival and ask for a pvp or start life as a cruiser using a TA.

Never tried it but if you start at their website with 3 travelers their website should preclude you from trying to book a room for 2 with 3 guests.

I personally would wait to book anything until you cruise and make sure they don't have a Future Cruise Certificate program..... I really regret not purchasing ours on our Spirit cruise because we booked the Splendor less than 2 weeks after we returned and would have gotten a $100.00 credit :)

Regarding the occupancy, you can look at the deck plans to see which cabins have 1 upper or 2 uppers, 1 upper & sofa, etc. Not sure how accurate this is though because one of our cabins on the Spirit that shows on the website and verified with Carnival as a triple, ended up being a quad with 2 upper beds...... the deck plan shows it as 1 upper :)

Thanks for the tips. I was just trying several different locations and getting a guestimate on the price for three people on different cabins.

Another question? What is a trundle bed?

Thank you. I am going to wait until after my cruise to book - looking into purchasing future cruise credit. I have her name written down in my cruise notebook. thank you for sharing.

You can always book and send in your certificate when you get back. You have until final payment is made to turn them in. I was told that they won't post it until your full Deposit is made anyway.

A trundle bed is a little low to the ground cot type bed with a mattress. My son used one when we were on the Fantasy. I'm guessing that it could maybe slide under the bed, but we just left it out all the time for him to lounge around on. He really liked it.

Archived