A few question for the Jewel Cruise?

Pooh&OurHunny

We are going to Jewel Cruise as our first family cruise. Does anyone know what food items they serve the kids at the MDR (If anyone has a picture of kids menu, I would appreciate it).

Second, do they have chocolate milk at the MDR for breakfast?

Do they have sprinkles for the ice cream?

Anyone order their kids the welcome package? If anyone has the pictures that would be great.

Thanks for sharing

Any additional advice regarding the Jewel and family fun would be appreciate.

I found this menu (2 links) that someone scanned from the Spirit, but ours was the same on Pearl a few weeks ago. I would guess it is the same if not very similar fleet-wide.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/familycruiseport/5516537300/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/familycruiseport/5515947063/

I have never had breakfast in the MDR, but on Gem and Pearl there was always chocolate milk on the buffet (except for the last day). There is also a kids buffet (low serving trays and small chairs) that my daughter loves. I don't know how old your children are, but I know mine love to serve themselves at the buffet.

My daughter maintains that there were no sprinkles onboard, but there was chocolate sauce. She also really enjoyed serving herself at the soft serve machine.

I have not yet sailed Jewel, but I'm going in 2 weeks. The Kids Crew on both Gem and Pearl has been fabulous for a total of four cruises. My daughter loves it so much that she has refused to leave for lunch. 2-5's do cute stuff like pirate parades, face painting and crafts as well as the ball pit/jungle gym. 6-10's do a lot of interactive games (you'll never know what you've been missing until you have to play a game of "Grandma's Undies"). I cannot say enough about the staff and the activities for the kids.

We are going to Jewel Cruise as our first family cruise. Does anyone know what food items they serve the kids at the MDR (If anyone has a picture of kids menu, I would appreciate it).

Second, do they have chocolate milk at the MDR for breakfast?

Do they have sprinkles for the ice cream?

Anyone order their kids the welcome package? If anyone has the pictures that would be great.

Thanks for sharing

Any additional advice regarding the Jewel and family fun would be appreciate.

Just got off the Jewel ... traditional kids stuff available anywhere (except Specialty Restaurants I think). Kids Club on Jewel is great with Nickoleon stuff. Sprinkles are definitely in the Buffet either by the icecream stations or the Crepes station. :)

I found this menu (2 links) that someone scanned from the Spirit, but ours was the same on Pearl a few weeks ago. I would guess it is the same if not very similar fleet-wide.

KidsMenu2

KidsMenu3

I have never had breakfast in the MDR, but on Gem and Pearl there was always chocolate milk on the buffet (except for the last day). There is also a kids buffet (low serving trays and small chairs) that my daughter loves. I don't know how old your children are, but I know mine love to serve themselves at the buffet.

My daughter maintains that there were no sprinkles onboard, but there was chocolate sauce. She also really enjoyed serving herself at the soft serve machine.

I have not yet sailed Jewel, but I'm going in 2 weeks. The Kids Crew on both Gem and Pearl has been fabulous for a total of four cruises. My daughter loves it so much that she has refused to leave for lunch. 2-5's do cute stuff like pirate parades, face painting and crafts as well as the ball pit/jungle gym. 6-10's do a lot of interactive games (you'll never know what you've been missing until you have to play a game of "Grandma's Undies"). I cannot say enough about the staff and the activities for the kids.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for the information and the scanned menu. I really appreciate your response.

Our son is 6 yrs old and it was his idea to go on a cruise. So we booked last week and going on April 24th.

Enjoy your cruise, you must be getting excited you'll be going in 2 weeks. Please post here so we can read all about your trip. I'm still doing research and learning all the things regarding cruising.

Just got off the Jewel ... traditional kids stuff available anywhere (except Specialty Restaurants I think). Kids Club on Jewel is great with Nickoleon stuff. Sprinkles are definitely in the Buffet either by the icecream stations or the Crepes station. :)

Thank you so much for posting with the sprinkles...he loves his ice cream with sprinkles (he doesn't eat much sweat or desserts except vanilla ice cream with sprinkles)

Sailed on the Jewel last week with 5 ot our grandchildren. Chocolate milk even in MDR. Chicken tenders were their favorite.They did try lobster!I did get each one a soda card and a Welcome Backpack which included a hat, sunglasses, t=shirt.Thye loved it!We had a great time.

Is there a sail away party with the Jewel leaving from NYC, hoping weather permitting?

Where is the location and what does it have (I watched the Disney sail away party but what is the Jewel sail away like?)

for the people responded to my last few questions....THANK you for posting and helping me.

Sailed on the Jewel last week with 5 ot our grandchildren. Chocolate milk even in MDR. Chicken tenders were their favorite.They did try lobster!I did get each one a soda card and a Welcome Backpack which included a hat, sunglasses, t=shirt.Thye loved it!We had a great time.

Thank you, I'm so glad they loved the welcome backpack. The welcome package in your stateroom when you arrived?

I'm going to order it for our son. I was wondering if I should get the bonvoyage package too?

Can you remember if they had spaghetti in the MDR, my son doesn't eat chicken tenders (he likes grilled chicken). Thanks

Is there a sail away party with the Jewel leaving from NYC, hoping weather permitting?

Where is the location and what does it have (I watched the Disney sail away party but what is the Jewel sail away like?)

for the people responded to my last few questions....THANK you for posting and helping me.

Yes, there is a sailaway party on the Pool deck weather permitting - Spinnaker lounge if not. I hate crowds so we find a quiet cozy place with a drink and hang there.

You'll love it ... just remember to smile, take a deep breath, wash your hands and laugh and giggle as if it were your last opportunity to do so.

One other piece of unsolicited advice ... if you encounter a problem, quietly go up the chain of command until it is fixed. ;)

Yes, there is a sailaway party on the Pool deck weather permitting - Spinnaker lounge if not. I hate crowds so we find a quiet cozy place with a drink and hang there.

You'll love it ... just remember to smile, take a deep breath, wash your hands and laugh and giggle as if it were your last opportunity to do so.

One other piece of unsolicited advice ... if you encounter a problem, quietly go up the chain of command until it is fixed. ;)

Thanks especailly the advice

We were on the Jewel last week and I wanted to add that my kids, 6 & 9 had a fabulous time!

I looked at the kids menu up thread and it is very similar to the one we had last week. If I have a chance, I will scan the one I brought home. I had to laugh at the "Chicken Soup, nothing green" because my daughter ordered it one night and it was full of carrots, celery, and parsley for garnish. I held my breath, concerned that my daughter (who behaves as though she is allergic to all things vegetable) was going to freak out. Our server observed the whole event and asked my daughter what she could bring her instead. All of this to say, we found the staff to be very accomodating to kids' tastes.

In the Garden Cafe, there is an area for kids & families with a buffet of grilled cheese sandwiches, fries, chicken, etc. and a variety of juices. You will also find milk and chocolate milk there. In the morning, there was a selection of kid friendly cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, and juice. There are also tables and chairs reserved for families. Nice touch.

I am sure your family will enjoy their time on the Jewel! My kids rank it as one of their favorite vacations ever.

Warmest,

Jennifer

THE BACKPACKS WERE NOT IN OUR STATE ROOMS. tHERE WERE CARDS IN EACH STATEROOM WITH COUPONS FOR EACH CHILD TO PICK UP THEIR BACKPACK IN THE KID'S CLUB.VERY EASY PROCESS.tHEY DID OFFER SPAGHETTI IN THE MDR, AND CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP, AND PIZZA AND OF COURSE HOT DOGS AND HAMBURGERS. THEY MAKE A GREAT FRUIT CUP FOR THE KIDS ALSO. MY GRANDDAUGHTER ORDERED THAT A COUPLE TIMES.WHEN SHE DROPPED HER BLACKBERRY, THE WAITRESS BROUGHT 3 MORE ON A PLATE. THE SERVICE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY NETTER. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HAVE AGREAT TIME!OUR FAMILY HAD SO MUCH FUN ON THE JEWEL, AND THE STAFF WAS GREAT WITH THE KIDS.

HAVE A GREAT VACATION

TERRY

We are sailing on the Jewel with DD7 and DS5. Their first cruise was on the Dawn two years ago and they loved it. DH and I were on the fence and in the end did not order the backpacks. We were not sorry because they liked picking out their own souvenirs. In the kids club they

decorated their own NCL Kids' Club tee shirts with fabric markers and took them home for free one evening. They also received plastic cups with straws, and an NCL dolphin. One night they came each came home with toys that they won as prizes in a game. I hope they enjoy the kids' club this year as they will be in different age groups.

DS loves his chocolate milk. It was only hard to find at the buffet. The kids' buffet has lots of juice but did not always have chocolate milk. I ordered 3 at a time from room service and just brought it to breakfast with us. It was much easier than trying to hunt some down at the buffet.

Have a great time!

We were on the Jewel last week and I wanted to add that my kids, 6 & 9 had a fabulous time!

I looked at the kids menu up thread and it is very similar to the one we had last week. If I have a chance, I will scan the one I brought home. I had to laugh at the "Chicken Soup, nothing green" because my daughter ordered it one night and it was full of carrots, celery, and parsley for garnish. I held my breath, concerned that my daughter (who behaves as though she is allergic to all things vegetable) was going to freak out. Our server observed the whole event and asked my daughter what she could bring her instead. All of this to say, we found the staff to be very accomodating to kids' tastes.

In the Garden Cafe, there is an area for kids & families with a buffet of grilled cheese sandwiches, fries, chicken, etc. and a variety of juices. You will also find milk and chocolate milk there. In the morning, there was a selection of kid friendly cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, and juice. There are also tables and chairs reserved for families. Nice touch.

I am sure your family will enjoy their time on the Jewel! My kids rank it as one of their favorite vacations ever.

Warmest,

Jennifer

Thank you for sharing, our son is the one who has been asking to go on a cruise since he has seent them on commercial. Last summer he saw them at the Pier in NYC (we goes to a soccer class at Pier 46 and watches the cruise goes by). My husband suddenly says lets go on a cruise instead of just an Island vacation and he did not want to go to Disney again.

Glad you shared especially you have a 6 yr old.

THE BACKPACKS WERE NOT IN OUR STATE ROOMS. tHERE WERE CARDS IN EACH STATEROOM WITH COUPONS FOR EACH CHILD TO PICK UP THEIR BACKPACK IN THE KID'S CLUB.VERY EASY PROCESS.tHEY DID OFFER SPAGHETTI IN THE MDR, AND CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP, AND PIZZA AND OF COURSE HOT DOGS AND HAMBURGERS. THEY MAKE A GREAT FRUIT CUP FOR THE KIDS ALSO. MY GRANDDAUGHTER ORDERED THAT A COUPLE TIMES.WHEN SHE DROPPED HER BLACKBERRY, THE WAITRESS BROUGHT 3 MORE ON A PLATE. THE SERVICE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY NETTER. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HAVE AGREAT TIME!OUR FAMILY HAD SO MUCH FUN ON THE JEWEL, AND THE STAFF WAS GREAT WITH THE KIDS.

HAVE A GREAT VACATION

TERRY

Thank you, my son loves Chicken noodle soup and Spaghetti.

Thanks for the information with backpacks...I'll tell him its a treasure hunt.

We are sailing on the Jewel with DD7 and DS5. Their first cruise was on the Dawn two years ago and they loved it. DH and I were on the fence and in the end did not order the backpacks. We were not sorry because they liked picking out their own souvenirs. In the kids club they

decorated their own NCL Kids' Club tee shirts with fabric markers and took them home for free one evening. They also received plastic cups with straws, and an NCL dolphin. One night they came each came home with toys that they won as prizes in a game. I hope they enjoy the kids' club this year as they will be in different age groups.

DS loves his chocolate milk. It was only hard to find at the buffet. The kids' buffet has lots of juice but did not always have chocolate milk. I ordered 3 at a time from room service and just brought it to breakfast with us. It was much easier than trying to hunt some down at the buffet.

Have a great time!

Thanks for the idea of ordering the chocolate milk from Room service...that's really helpful.

The children's buffet off the main buffet that others have mentioned is really good. It has a large variety. I am sure it sometimes had grilled chicken--not just chicken fingers. Also, Blue Lagoon (which is always open) has great comfort food/kids food at all hours--macaroni and cheese, DELICIOUS chicken wings, and a brownie with ice cream (yum!).

Incidentally, my children first went on a cruise at that age (6 and 7). It was on that crusie that they suddenly began to eat different things!! Being exposed to all the different foods was great for them. It was really interesting. I truly feel that it radically changed how my chidlren ate. They could take small portions so there was no pressure--and they knew they could get something else if they did not like it. It was a great food experience for them.

The children's buffet off the main buffet that others have mentioned is really good. It has a large variety. I am sure it sometimes had grilled chicken--not just chicken fingers. Also, Blue Lagoon (which is always open) has great comfort food/kids food at all hours--macaroni and cheese, DELICIOUS chicken wings, and a brownie with ice cream (yum!).

Incidentally, my children first went on a cruise at that age (6 and 7). It was on that crusie that they suddenly began to eat different things!! Being exposed to all the different foods was great for them. It was really interesting. I truly feel that it radically changed how my chidlren ate. They could take small portions so there was no pressure--and they knew they could get something else if they did not like it. It was a great food experience for them.

Thanks,

We were on the Jewel last month. There were 7 kids in our group and they had a fabulous vacation.

The kids menu is okay, but our kids ate off the adult menu at the MDR often. We ordered them steak, lobster, pasta and the appetizers a few times. My daughter also ordered dessert from that menu. The waiters did not question it and the kids enjoyed something a little better than chicken fingers, burgers & spaghetti.

We were on the Jewel last month. There were 7 kids in our group and they had a fabulous vacation.

The kids menu is okay, but our kids ate off the adult menu at the MDR often. We ordered them steak, lobster, pasta and the appetizers a few times. My daughter also ordered dessert from that menu. The waiters did not question it and the kids enjoyed something a little better than chicken fingers, burgers & spaghetti.

Thank you, sometimes our son likes the adult food selection more than the kids.

Archived