"Capri, Sorrento &Pompeii" RCCL tour

We took it...

Not through RCCL, but Celebrity...BUT, it's the SAME tour...

Actually thought it was very good as shore excursions go...

First, they took us from the ship and brought us to a Hydrofoil for Capri...We were led on a tour around the town of Capri, then had free time to shop and wander (No Blue Grotto, though, not enough time)...

Then, since we didn't have to return to Naples (no car or bus to connect back with), we were able to take another Hydrofoil directly to Sorrento...We had an excellent lunch (included) at a nice restaurant in Sorrento, then free time to wander Sorrento...Then, a bus came to pick us up at a designated spot in Sorrento and took us to Pompei--where our guide gave us an EXCELLENT guided tour of the ruins (note: most hired private guides are NOT allowed to give tours inside the ruins...if you go with a private guide, either you are on your own inside or have to hire another guide, if you can find one, at the site)...

After Pompei, we went back to the ship by way of a Cameo Factory (total waste of time, the one bad point in the tour)...

The tour actually did run LONGER than the announced time and we did scramble to get dressed and to the dining room for our main seating dinner...but we did make it...

It's a fairly busy and exhausting 10 hours, but we were glad we did it...Pompei is not to be missed and my wife absolutely loved Capri...

Ps. To jcarcaramo...We did the Med itinerary on the Millie in August 2003--my favorite cruise ever...Just ask me all about it when we see you on the Connie in a few days!!

BruinSteve:

Thanks for your response. Most private tours dont include Capri, but go to other towns like Postiano and Ravello. I also think that moneywise is a good deal because this tour includes lunch and the guided tours.

Thanks again;

Lydia

I did that tour of Capri/Sorrento/Pompeii with RCCL (Legend of the Seas) in 2000. I echo BruinSteve's comments "to the tee". Will be sailing the Millie 10/1/05 this year and plan to do the same tour again since my husband and the other couple traveling with us have never been. Agree that Cameo factory stop is a complete waste of time and Capri should not be missed. I recommend it highly.

We did the exact tour on the Serenade a few years ago. I found it to be well worth the money. We saw everything and had a great lunch too. If we hadn't done it this way, we wouldn't have had the time to do it all. Yes I agree with Steve..nix to the Cameo factory! The hydro foil was great...it was quite hot and it was VERY refreshing! We didn't get to the blue grotto becuase the water was too rough. We are going back this summer and are taking the train to Herculaneum. Wish me luck!

We took it...

Not through RCCL, but Celebrity...BUT, it's the SAME tour...

Actually thought it was very good as shore excursions go...

!

We did the same tour from the Legend of the Seas in 2001, but did the reverse itinerary from Steve's. We started with the cameo factory, which we found to be rather interesting, and then went to Pompeii, where our guide was excellent. From there we took a bus to Sorrento, and it was very exciting looking from the cliffs down to the port from a bus window as it careens around the curves. We had an excellent lunch in a small restaurant in Sorrento, some free time to wander, and then off to Capri, which was one of my wife's all-time favorite places. Then the hydrofoil back to the ship. We still consider this particular excursion as one of our favorites. We'll be on the Brilliance on July 23 and are hoping to visit Capri again.

Allen

Given the choice I would choose the Amalfi Coast tour every time with perhaps a vist to Pompei for a first time visitor.Positano and Ravello are two of the most scenic towns we have visited and the spectacular scenery of Amalfi Drive is definately not to be missed.

Given the choice I would choose the Amalfi Coast tour every time with perhaps a vist to Pompei for a first time visitor.Positano and Ravello are two of the most scenic towns we have visited and the spectacular scenery of Amalfi Drive is definately not to be missed.

Last year you recommended Salvatore with drive amalfi ...

I understand there are two Salvatores ...

Is the Salvatore that you recommend...

Salvatore Lucibello..Senior Driver/Guide ..DriveAmalfi

???????

Thanks Sandra

Archived