Odyssey Crossing - Loved it!

ITravelNow

We've landed in Lisbon, but I want to say just a few words about our time on the Odyssey.

We always felt the staff were very involved in the perfect cruise experience. At any time we expressed a wish or an area of concern it was address immediately.

We loved our cabin. Our only real suggestion for improvement is to do something about the small television which is suppose to be viewed from two locations, both too far from such a small screen. They may have to up the ante and install two sets because the area in the middle doesn't accommodate a large television.

The food and wine choices were great. We loved every bite and sip...in fact we over did on both counts but we have happy pounds to work off now!

The ship was full but never felt that way. There are so many private areas and of course we used our balcony as well.

Nice relaxing entertainment. We don't really care about big production shows etc, but the cruise staff and performers were all very good and we also had the chance to know them personally which is always fun on the smaller ships.

There seemed to be enough activities for a crossing - trivia, bridge, lectures etc. Another guest expressed disappointment about not enough yoga/fitness classes, but we were sleeping in, so I can't respond to that one.

I know there are other things that you might want to know about. If you ask, I'll try to respond.

We loved our cruise and would take a crossing again!

PS....cruising with John Barron, Ray Michaels, & Marla Sanders is really a treat. Great team!

And of course Seabourn Passengers - always good company! We left the ship with many new friends!!!!

While we experienced some issues with spotty (and one time, downright RUDE) service in The Restaurant, these problems were promptly addressed and actually worked themselves out once we found just the 'right' table there for dinner.

The bar staff were absolutely teriffic as well as the CD/ACD/SH you've already mentioned.

We pray for the family who lost their loved one on this voyage.

We enjoyed the daily Trivia - probably about the most fun we've had on any ship with a group of 8 committed teams with a 'we're here to have fun' attitude.

Many thanks to all who made our second Seabourn voyage a memorable one.

Margom

Many thanks for your Blog it has truly been very enjoyable to read.

We are sailing in two weeks on Sojourn so I have been very interested in menus etc.

Hope you have a pleasant journey through Spain etc.

Rex

I had a wonderful time on the March Transatlantic. John Barron, CD and his team were excellent - extremely friendly and always around to mingle with the guests. It was good to see their smiling faces each day. The singers (Stewart, Richard, Lucy and Loula), the dancers and Bobby Nesbitt all provided excellent shows in the evening, as did the singers in The Club. The guest lecturers were very entertaining and knew their subjects extremely well. The weather was good and the service great. There were a couple of issues with the restaurant service/food, but on the whole these were put right. I did the November Sojourn Transatlantic last year and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. I can certainly recommend the crossings and look forward to booking my next one.

Loopie Lu ;)

Margo - A while ago, SB was "experimenting" with closing the main dining room for breakfast and lunch. Did you experience that on your crossing?

As we are in the process of switching from Regent to SB (due to the recent - yesterday - announcement that Regent is implementing a two-class system on board, giving preferential excursion and restaurant reservations to about half of the cabins, a total change in policy for that line), we are trying to determine whether SB has any such "got cha's". We almost always on Regent and Silversea have both breakfast and lunch in the main dining room, since we enjoy an elegant, non-buffet service.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Fred

Archived