Nearly Red Sea Magic

Morning all, here we are in the Escape Lounge at Manchester airport.

We were early for check in but there was still a queue. LOL just like at the Post Office.

Last time we were here it was quiet and relaxing in the lounge, but today it's really busy. At least we can eat and chill out before the flight.

See you in a week.

Berwyn

Morning all, here we are in the Escape Lounge at Manchester airport.

We were early for check in but there was still a queue. LOL just like at the Post Office.

Last time we were here it was quiet and relaxing in the lounge, but today it's really busy. At least we can eat and chill out before the flight.

See you in a week.

Berwyn

Gosh - you gave me a fright!!!! :eek: Thought your title meant you hadn't been able to go! Thankfully - not the case! Pleased you are now checked-in - you can relax from here on in and just 'go with the flow'. Have a great time! :D

Gosh - you gave me a fright!!!! :eek: Thought your title meant you hadn't been able to go! Thankfully - not the case! Pleased you are now checked-in - you can relax from here on in and just 'go with the flow'. Have a great time! :D

Sorry Kruzseeka, didn't mean to give you a shock :)

It's nice in here, rather than sat about the departure lounge and all the food and drink you can eat.

Huge queue for the plane, the Middle East problems doesn't seem to have put people off going.

Can chill for 5 hours on the plane before starting on the cocktails :D HIC!!

Berwyn

Yes, you relax and make the most of it. The flight to Egypt we actually found rather long and cramped so s-t-r-e-t- c-h out whilst you can. I'll be thinking about you wih that cocktail out on the Lido deck tonight at the deck party. Just don't fall asleep beofre it starts!!! :D

Hi Berwyn

Im a first timer going on the Dream in June and some friends (also first timers) are going on the Spirit same month. Would be interested to hear your views on the 2 ships. Whats better, worse etc

Hope you have a great time

TJL

Hi Berwyn

Im a first timer going on the Dream in June and some friends (also first timers) are going on the Spirit same month. Would be interested to hear your views on the 2 ships. Whats better, worse etc

Hope you have a great time

TJL

I'll be interested to hear Berwyn's views too. He went on the Dream in it's early days and although I don't think he had problems personally, I don't think at that time, things on board were as they should have been - or what Thomson customers were used to.

We've been on both and Spirit is more bedded-in as a Thomson ship imo so the atmosphere we found a little more typical of Thomson and rather more 'up-beat' than on Dream. But we were on Dream just after they'd had their second period of 'upset' early January this year following the dry dock at the end of last year. I think the crew had had a hard time from some passengers so perhaps it wasn't surprising they were a little subdued. However, from more recent report from loyalcruiser who is a Thomson regular it seems as though things are just fine now: this is the link - post #9

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1378666

+ve on Dream;

More spacious public areas, especially Medusa Lounge much better than High Spirits

Better tiered theatre (although have to be careful to avoid pillars in some positions)

More deck space around pool

Better pool

Showers better in en-suites

Separate theatre (people don't drift through to get elsewhere)

+ve on Spirit;

Better storage in cabins, more drawer space and big bathroom cabinet (at least basic ones - don't know about suites) than Dream

Cinema

Horizons Bar - great 'look out' at top of ship

Free laundry rooms available for ironing etc

Rather quicker and more reliable lifts

But these are really just nit-picking - all the Thomson ships have the same ethos and are the same 'product' - entertainment, organisation etc. - your'e basically looking at variations in the ship and accommodation. now Dream is going great guns there should be little except for design to choose bewteen them.

I'm sure both you and your friends will have a great time. But be warned - it's an addictive hobby!! :D I'll be interested to hear if you're 'hooked' when you get back. (And often, unless there are real problems with your holiday, the first ship you go on is often your favourite!!!)

I'll be interested to hear Berwyn's views too. He went on the Dream in it's early days and although I don't think he had problems personally, I don't think at that time, things on board were as they should have been - or what Thomson customers were used to.

We've been on both and Spirit is more bedded-in as a Thomson ship imo so the atmosphere we found a little more typical of Thomson and rather more 'up-beat' than on Dream. But we were on Dream just after they'd had their second period of 'upset' early January this year following the dry dock at the end of last year. I think the crew had had a hard time from some passengers so perhaps it wasn't surprising they were a little subdued. However, from more recent report from loyalcruiser who is a Thomson regular it seems as though things are just fine now: this is the link - post #9

+ve on Dream;

More spacious public areas, especially Medusa Lounge much better than High Spirits

Better tiered theatre (although have to be careful to avoid pillars in some positions)

Better pool

+ve on Spirit;

Better storage in cabins, more drawer space and big bathroom cabinet (at least basic ones - don't know about suites) than Dream

Cinema

But these are really just nit-picking - all the Thomson ships have the same ethos and are the same 'product' - entertainment, organisation etc. - your'e basically looking at variations in the ship and accommodation. now Dream is going great guns there should be little except for design to choose bewteen them.

I'm sure both you and your friends will have a great time. But be warned - it's an addictive hobby!! :D I'll be interested to hear if you're 'hooked' when you get back. (And often, unless there are real problems with your holiday, the first ship you go on is often your favourite!!!)

Ah! its all in the buttons. Dream lifts have 4 buttons per lift, it took me a day to work out that the bottom set of 2 don't actually do anything, they are just lights that you can press :confused:

Same with the cabin door key card, the steward was surprised I knew how to make them work reliably, dead easy, insert key, count to 5, door now works :D

Celebration lido buffet is better than spirit IMO. Better layout and you get a choice of 2 soups, same as mdr.

+ve on Dream;

Better pool

+ve on Spirit;

Cinema

Hi kruzseeka

Nearly hooked already (and have not had our first cruise yet) as we have set aside the first week in September for a second holiday and it could be another cruise possibly on the Spirit so hence the interest and query

Hi tji75 I think that once you have had your first cruise you will definately be ready for the next one it certainly gets you hooked .Hope you have a fab time and tell us all when you return ,,,, we are a nosy lot :D

mrs.c

Hi tji75 I think that once you have had your first cruise you will definately be ready for the next one it certainly gets you hooked .Hope you have a fab time and tell us all when you return ,,,, we are a nosy lot :D

mrs.c

Hi mrs c, Yes, we are aren't we? (Well, I'll put my hand up anyway! :o:D)

We have some friends who you can tell aren't really interested in hearing about others' holiday (so I don't say much when we get home) - but I just love to hear of new places, people's experiences and get ideas of where we might go, or what we could do at different destinations. I think that's par for the course with cruisers - and a large part of the reason I spend quite a bit of time on this Forum - it's great to learn about new things - hopefully I'll be able to experience them myself sometime! ;) :)

Archived