Carnival Resold Our Room!!!!

WEDOFISH

We are sched for the MIRACLE on 6/12...we booked our cabin [#6262] last August. There are two of us. We booked that cabin because our friends were in the cabin beside us and becasue we wanted an aft cabin with extended balcony. Our final payment is due 3/21. Our TA called today and said that our cabin was desigend for three people, so Carnival was moving us and selling our cabin to a family of three!!!!

If you look at a diagram of the decks for the Miracle, there is no indication that cabin 6262 is for three people. The TA did not tell us that we might get "the boot' by booking this cabin. BTW - another couple we know booked the cabin two doors away and they have also gotten thrown out for the same reason.

Supposedly Carnival has offered us an upgrade to 8170 - which is under the swimming pool! Not an upgrade to us.

Do we have any recourse to keep our original cabin? Should we be expecting a better offer? Is this a common thing that Carnival does? or did our TA make a mistake somehwre along the line?

Help ASAP! We need to tell the TA what we want to do...which will probably be to cancel our reservation!

They can make the change if the cabin is designed for more than what it is booked for. I would ask them to make sure you and your friends are near one another... I'm not sure what you mean by "being under the pool"... you won't get wet :D I would call back and ask them where they can move you where you can be near your friends... The TA should have told you, but it doesn't happen too terribly often I would imagine... but on newer more popular sailings, I would guess it does...good luck!!!!!

I not sure if all cruiselines do this, but I do know that Carnival reserves the right to move you to a different cabin. Your TA should have told you when you booked the 3 person room. Sorry this is happening to you. Don't cancel, you will still have a wonderful time. Work with Carnival on the room that you want and see if your friends can be moved with you. You will still have a wonderful time! Go and enjoy!!!

You might even enjoy not being so close to your friends. I personally wouldn't want to be that close to friends, unless your joined at the hip to them. I want a little independence when I'm on vacation. But to each his own.

I have to admit, I'd be upset. Obviously you booked 6262 because it is an AFT balcony. On Carnival's site, the deck plans for the Miracle do not have that cabin marked as having an upper berth or a convertible sofa. There's no indication that it can handle more than 2. The room you've been moved to is still an extended balcony, but I understand it's not the same. I would think that the least they could do is move you to another aft balcony.

Carnival is probably not even looking at it as an aft balcony, but just another extended balcony room. It would seem more appropiate to move a passenger from one of the port or starboard extended balcony rooms that can accomodate a 3rd passenger to another starboard or port extended balcony room.

I think I'd get my TA to go to bat for me and point this out to Carnival.

Good Luck.

I don't know what they CAN do, but I would be extremely upset and disappointed that'd I'd specially selected an aft balcony and then someone took it from me, without having been informed of the risk when I booked it. Really really upset.

I don't buy that you were moved because of a cabin capacity issue. The TA may or may not have screwed up, but I don't use TAs and Carnival has moved me to different cabins, but I always considered them upgrades.

Don't think you are going to get the original cabin back, but you should be happy with wherever you end up. They moved you up a couple of decks, so it is an "upgrade" and also is in the middle of the ship which others would consider an "upgrade", however, I would share your concern. I wouldn't want to hear deck chairs scraping along over my head.

Getting a shipboard credit for being moved is also an option, but your TA is going to have to do the work for you. I would make sure the TA knows you are less than happy and are leaning toward cancelling unless the TA gets it in gear and comes up quickly with something you can live with. If they can't get Carnival to budge, coughing up part of their commission is always an option.

Make sure you get any agreements on credits or partial refunds in writing.

Keep us informed.

I wouldnt use a TA carnival will meet or neat any price you get from another website ot a TA. PVP's explained that we might have to be moved on certain circumstances but they would give us anothe cabin in the same vicinity even if it was on another deck

I'm a little surprised that Carnival allowed your TA to book you in this cabin to begin with if it's a triple and only two names were booked. If the deck plans were marked incorrectly that is neither yours or your TA's mistake. It's Carnival's. If it were me, I'd do a 3 way call with Carnival and your TA and explain to Carnival why you booked this particular cabin to begin with and go from there.

are there "other" balcony cabins that hold 3 people available? A couple on our Pride cruise got upgraded from there cat. 11 wrap around cabin to a cat 12. Without being asked first. I would have been furious. :mad: The cat 11 suites were not selling and that aft was the most desirable. Carnival knew they could sale it again. Easier to sale then an over priced cat. 12. or a lower catagory balcony.

Just checked. Right now it shows 6262 as being available. all four of those extended balcony's across the back are now available. There are also a few on that same level in other areas of the ship.

I think what carnival does is, they find the most desirable cabins and move people out of them, in order to resale that catagory over a lower one. Hoping you wont notice, or care.:( I would insist that you get your cabin back. There are plenty of extended balcony's for 3 people still available. Carnival does some interesting things to sale out there ships. Along with over booking, this is one of them. Moving you "up" to the cabin under the pool is absolutely no upgrade. Those aft balcony's are hard to get, and you had one. !! Hurry and grab it again. !!! :eek: I have checked three sites and none of them show 6262 with a star in it. Get your TA to go to bat for you!

Ok I would be mighty hacked off if I were you! I have one of the aft cabins on the Pride in April #4228, we have told our TA that we would not accept any "upgrade", we researched and specifically booked that cabin. My question is this, I noticed the OP stated that they had not yet made final payment, does Carnival ever make this type of switch after final payment is made? We are waiting on Doc's now.

We are sure that we will not get our room 6262 back at this point. We will cancel as soon as our TA is in her office this morning. At this point we don't feel we can trust Carnival to uphold any agreement. We will admit that we are very picky when it comes to room selection and would not be happy anywhere other than in room 6262.

BTW - I could not find 6262 available on the website. They probably sold it already! Carnival has permanently lost us as passengers [ we take 1-2 cruises a year]. We will continue to cruise but not on the so-called 'fun ships'.

Thanks for letting us commiserate.

WEDOFISH, I definitely would NOT blame this on Carnival... this is your TA's doing and you should not do business with him/her again, but it's not Carnival's fault that your TA did not inform you the cabin was a triple and you could be moved...

If the cabin is not marked as a triple how would the TA know? There are so many cruiseships and cruise lines out there, all they have to go by is the brochures and internet and what the Carnival rep they book the cabin with tells them!

If the cabin is not marked as a triple how would the TA know? There are so many cruiseships and cruise lines out there, all they have to go by is the brochures and internet and what the Carnival rep they book the cabin with tells them!

The brochure DOES have that cabin listed as a triple... the TA knew.

Carnival is not the only cruise line that does this. Right now I have an aft balcony cabin booked for my DH and me with another line. It is capable of holding three. And like you, we booked it to be next to our friends. When I booked, my TA told me very clearly that we could possibly lose this cabin if they needed it for a group of three. So far so good. But yes it can and does happen.

this is very interesting because i book my family ( 2 adults and 8yr old daughter, 21 month old son) on liberty 8/1/05--adjoining balcony cabins (each can hold 2 people). then a few months later we decided to bring a nanny along to help with the kids (son can't go to kids club--too young). when i called carnival they said no balcony cabin that will hold 3 people are left. so, we had to get a cat 11 for the nanny and 2 kids. hubby and i are in cat 8. kids have a much better deal! but at least we have time to ourselves. anyways, they never offered to bumped other passengers around to get us a triple cat 8.

If the TA knew this cabin held 3, then the OP should have been informed of that possibility up front by the TA. The deck plans on the website don't indicate as such. I do have to say, however, that one the purposes of Carnival's website SHOULD be to have easy access for the general public/TA's/whoever to get up to date information. It is much easier (and obviously much cheaper) to update something once on a website that it is to publish a lot of new brochures. I'm in the computer field and I depend on websites for the most up to date info for the computer products I deal with. The instructions I get with the product usually have errors that are clarified on the companies website.

That being said, I tend to believe what's on a company's website more than what's in a brochure ( I know, the way Carnival's website works that's probably a mistake with them ;) ). Anyway, if the TA is using the website as their source of info, I'm not sure I can totally blame the TA. On the other hand, when they called Carnival to book the cruise for the OP, if Carnival informed them that it would hold 3 and there was a possibility of them being moved, and the TA didn't pass that on to the OP, I would fault the TA.

When I checked earlier, 6262 on june 12 sailing wasn't available, but it does show up now. I would be first in line for your TA in the morning... (guess it is the morning)...

Whats the best place to check cabin availability?

Carnival is not the only cruise line that does this. Right now I have an aft balcony cabin booked for my DH and me with another line. It is capable of holding three. And like you, we booked it to be next to our friends. When I booked, my TA told me very clearly that we could possibly lose this cabin if they needed it for a group of three. So far so good. But yes it can and does happen.

there are still MANY extended balcony cabins that hold 3 available on this cruise.

I DOUBT this is the true reason the OP got moved.:mad:

WEDOFISH, I definitely would NOT blame this on Carnival... this is your TA's doing and you should not do business with him/her again, but it's not Carnival's fault that your TA did not inform you the cabin was a triple and you could be moved...

Carnival does the shifting close to cruise time. Not the TA's. The excuse that they need the cabin for 3 people is lame. There are still ALOT of triples available. Carnival wants to resale that catagory, as it is high, and those afts WILL indeed sale again..... the people that were switched from there cat. 11 aft wrap around on our last cruise, were moved just a few weeks before we were to sail. I was looking at available cabins on-line and there cabin popped up. I couldnt believe it. :eek: They were on our roll call. The TA "happily" told them they had been upgraded to a cat 12! If that happend to me I would have been over the edge, upset.:mad:

I would think that a TA could let Carnival know they will not sale there cruise line if they can not depend on Carnival to hold up the reservation, or at least communicate a problem before a switch. The OP's cabin was not resold. It was put up FOR SALE to the public again.

Archived