Carnival Resold Our Room!!!!

WEDOFISH

I would probably be putting the blame on the TA, that's their job to know these things!

Carnival has always treated us good. We when first booked our cruise for May, we started with 8 couples, and made the deposit for that number of people. When it came time to make the first payment, 5 of the couples backed-out, giving alot of bogus reasons for them not being able to vacation/cruise at this time (They will NEVER be invited again). When I went to my TA, and informed her of the situation, she called Carnival and they (Carnival) honored the group rate price they had originally quoted us, saving the rest of us SEVERAL dollars.

Again, I would be putting the pressure on the TA to fix the problem, give us a better rate on this booked cruise, or start the paperwork for a full refund!!

Just my personal thoughts on the whole thing.

Matt

Whats the best place to check cabin availability?

I look at carnival.com and try to book the ship/sail date interested in.

Instead of picking on of the cabins that show up, you can enter the cabin number you desire within the category you select.

Cat 8E Cabin 6262 shows up (still) as available when you try to reserve with 3 passengers and shows not available if you try with only 1,2, or 4 passengers. The TA couldn't change that, so Carnival must have changed the selection criteria for the cabin AFTER you reserved it, which is BS.

I look at carnival.com and try to book the ship/sail date interested in.

Instead of picking on of the cabins that show up, you can enter the cabin number you desire within the category you select.

Cat 8E Cabin 6262 shows up (still) as available when you try to reserve with 3 passengers and shows not available if you try with only 1,2, or 4 passengers. The TA couldn't change that, so Carnival must have changed the selection criteria for the cabin AFTER you reserved it, which is BS.

that is EXACTLY what has happened. And sense they have not updated there deck layouts..................

We had a similar incident. We booked a specific cabin on the Legend because of the size of the extended balcony. It had no special markings on the website. When we got our documents we had TBA luggage tags. I emailed the online travel agency(not Carnival) I had made the reservation with and they contacted Carnival. Carnival told them it was a handicapped accessible cabin and if some one with a disability needed it we would be bumped out. I wouldn't want to take a cabin from someone who needed it, but I was upset that there was no indication when we selected the cabin that it was handicapped accessible and that we could be bumped. I told the online agency this and mentioned we had cruised 3 time with Carnival and in fact my husband is hearing imparied. They contacted Carnival and the next thing I knew we got luggage tags for that area and were told me had that cabin. So, it seems if you challenge Carnival they might let you keep your cabin.

I do think Carnival needs to mark all cabins on their website as well as brochures and make those available to all online agencies so everyone knows upfront how many people the cabin is designed to hold, if it is handicapped accessible and that if you still chose to book it, you could be bumped out of it.

They can make the change if the cabin is designed for more than what it is booked for. I would ask them to make sure you and your friends are near one another... I'm not sure what you mean by "being under the pool"... you won't get wet :D I would call back and ask them where they can move you where you can be near your friends... The TA should have told you, but it doesn't happen too terribly often I would imagine... but on newer more popular sailings, I would guess it does...good luck!!!!!

I can tell you from having a couple of Cabins in that area.......under the pool deck, you do hear some noise....in the early monrings you hear the staff dragging and setting up the chairs and sometimes heavy foot steps or kids running.:rolleyes:

x

You got screwed!!!!!!!!!!

You had an excellent room and now you don't.

Tell your TA to fix it or Cancel and go with another cruise line .

Steve

Yep........I agree. You had a commitment...(a cabin assignment).....I would hold Carnival just as responsible as the TA.

But look around..surely..there can't be only one room on the entire ship that is acceptable to you....:D

I do think Carnival needs to mark all cabins on their website as well as brochures and make those available to all online agencies so everyone knows upfront how many people the cabin is designed to hold, if it is handicapped accessible and that if you still chose to book it, you could be bumped out of it.

I think that Carnival used to list the handicapped cabins in the brochures, but they stopped doing that because able-bodied people were purposely booking those cabins because they knew they had larger bathrooms and some also had larger balconies.

I just talked with our PVP Carnival agent and she said they are not allowed to do that anymore. The person who booked you shouldn't have even booked you in a room made for three people if there are only two traveling. She said they aren't allowed to book anyone in a room that accommodates a different amount of people anymore. I don't know when this became effective. I had asked her as I was worried about getting bumped out of our aft cabin. I also have others traveling with us who are booked in rooms next to us. Good luck.

I just talked with our PVP Carnival agent Linda Nejad and she said they are not allowed to do that anymore. The person who booked you shouldn't have even booked you in a room made for three people if there are only two traveling. She said they aren't allowed to book anyone in a room that accommodates a different amount of people anymore. I had asked her as I was worried about getting bumped out of our aft cabin. I also have others traveling with us who are booked in rooms next to us. If you have questions, maybe she can help you. She'll be in on Monday 3/14. 1-800-819-3902 ext 82639. Good luck.

Beelane, you may want to edit your post... we are not allowed to post names and/or phone numbers on this board...

The person who booked you shouldn't have even booked you in a room made for three people if there are only two traveling. She said they aren't allowed to book anyone in a room that accommodates a different amount of people anymore. I don't know when this became effective. /QUOTE]

When we booked our 2004 cruise (in 2003), we tried to book a quad just in case my DS#2 managed to be able to go. We were told by our TA that we could only book for the number of people actually named in the booking, so we could only book a triple. Our TA explained that if we booked our DS up front and reserved a quad, and then he canceled before final payment, we would lose the quad and then most likely not get a great choice on a triple. This was 2 years ago. I think your TA should have known and said something. I wouldn't be upset with Carnival.

I also have a current brochure and it does not list 6262 as a triple... I assure you there has to be another reason for this..first of all, when a travel agent books your cabin they would have immidiately told her, sorry it's a room for three and you only have two and would NEVER have let the TA book the cabin...so either you TA screwed up and never gave them the correct cabin number to beging with, or there is another reason for the move, but it cannot be because it's a room for three....I know myself when I attempted to book a cabin with carnival myself, the only room available on the deck I wanted was a quad...and they would not book it for the two of us...she told me even if I gave it to you...they would move you at some point..so if i wanted a specific location I better choose another room or book another ship...so like i said, something is wrong with the excuse you received..and if your TA won't fight to get you at least $200 shipboard credit..then you will know for sure, it was the TA's fault.

Barb

Well, here's another piece of info regarding this...last week I booked our Valor cruise for Nov. with a Carnival PVP. I booked a double balcony for me and DH and an inside QUAD for my three teenage sons. I'm going to call her on Monday and find out if the kids could get switched if they need the cabin for a group of 4. I will not be very happy, as right now they are across the hall from us. I'll keep you posted.

Jen

"Don't think you are going to get the original cabin back, but you should be happy with wherever you end up. They moved you up a couple of decks, so it is an "upgrade" and also is in the middle of the ship which others would consider an "upgrade", however, I would share your concern."

The issue is that they are losing their aft balcony and these are the most popular balcony cabins on any ship and the first to go. The views are unobstructed, the balconies much larger. Just because they are being moved to a higher deck, which CCL considers a better category, does not mean it is an upgrade to the passenger.

I would escalate this to management at CCL if your TA cannot help you. Personally, I think it is very poor customer service.

Archived