Murano glass

lyntony

I purchased a set of 6 vases and had them shipped home to the U.S. I couldn't believe how well they were packaged. I think you could have dropped a bowling ball on them and they would be fine. A light fixture would be a beautiful addition to any home. I'm jealous...enjoy your trip.

Has anyone purchased a Murano light fixture in Italy and had it shipped back to Canada? I want to do that, but I wonder about damage.Thanks

Lyntony - Newmarket, Ontario

Our neighbors went with us on the cruise and had several lights for their kitchen shipped home and they all arrived in great shape

Same experience here, getting two glass figurines shipped home. Never saw anything packaged so well.

They are so used to shipping product around the world that you needn't worry.

The package did take some weeks to show up but it was within the time range given to us.

I do not know about Canada but stores here in the US sell the Murano light fixtures. Some friends live in NJ purchased one at a local lighting store plus a friend purchased one in FL. That might be an option. As we were on Murano 2 years ago--friends really got a much better deal here in the states--as the very same light in NJ was almost 1/2 of the price on Murano. Something to consider.

Several years ago, we had a very Murano large cut-crystal bowl and 2 matching candlesticks shipped to Los Angeles. The box beat us home by a few days... amazingly wrapped, no damage, everything intact.

Archived