Help! 1st Cruise, so many questions!

robbsprincess

We are going on our first cruise...Norwegian Dawn 12/22/05-1/02/06

We will be on the cruise for Christmas and New Years. We are all excited, but I have read through so many psots that I am confused.

1st question...since this is a freestyle cruise, how do we dress for dinner? Do we ever get formal nights? I was hoping for Formal Christmas, New Years Eve?

2nd question...does everyone put things on their door? I kind of like this idea, but still unsure about it.

What else do I need to know? I feel like I have a lot of time to gather information, but I like knowing now...lol:confused:

Thanks for anything you can tell me.

You will probably have two or three formal nights. You will see people wearing most anything to the dining room, except for shorts and jeans.

Most people do not decorate their doors, but I have seen some creative decor for the doors.

I would suggest you check to see if their is a roll call for your cruise in the 'ROLL CALL' section, and also check out the NCL section.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise, and welcome to the best vacation there is!

NCL offers freestyle cruising, so you get your choice. You can dress formally if you wish, and they do have certain dining rooms set aside for those who choose this option. But if you don't want to get dressed up, that is also an option. They also have dining venues for those who don't want to be bothered with it.

Sea days are almost always going to be your formal evenings, so you'll need to take a good look at a calendar and your itinerary to figure out which nights will be formal nights. They may very well not fall on the actual holiday days, although people do tend to dress up a little on holidays (ESPECIALLY New Years Eve).

Door decoration is a matter of personal preference. We've seen some cute ones. Some people love to do it, others think it is in poor taste, but it's totally your own call. Personally, I love to see it done! Especially on holiday cruises.

Always feel free to post any questions. The people on these boards (for the most part) are very friendly and try to be as helpful as possible. Enjoy your first cruise!

TinaLee :)

Archived