If you had to get off in Nassau...

mrsm

What would you do? We're cruising on the Dream in November with our 4 kids. On our last cruise, we stayed on the ship in Nassau and the kids were disappointed that they didn't get to "see the Bahamas". I thought maybe this time we'd get off the ship for a bit but I'm not quite sure what to do. I've heard about the pirate museum - is it close enough that we could walk? I don't really want to spend a small fortune for the six of us to do one of the DCL excursions, just enough to look around so the kids can say they've "seen" the Bahamas!

My husband thinks we should just offer each of the kids $20 if we don't have to get off the ship! :D

IMHO the pirate museum was a waste of time :( Especially if your kids have been to Disney related things. Its a very short walk through tour with a few things to read. Dh and I went alone last year in April. I do not remember how much it cost. I would visit the giftshop but not the museum again. This is just my honest opinion but I feel like my kids whom have been to places like Disney, universal, ripley's believe it or not, rainforest cafe, ect..would have been bored with this attraction :(

I would love some suggestions on what to do in with kids in port as well. Safest private beaches mainly.

I would do the Fort and Queens Stair case, it is easy walk to it. If you want to go to the top of the Fort it is only $1 per person. I think the kids will enjoy it, and it will be easy on you and your husband.

Archived