Just booked our first cruise on the Sensation!

scoutfinch72

And I can't wait! I've spent the last few weeks here reading threads and researching and I really appreciate all that I've learned from all of you. We were toying with a 7 night cruise on the Dream, but since it's our first cruise we thought that a shorter one might be better in case one of us ends up being really motion sensitive. Plus, the price difference is allowing us to also take our 2 kids to Disney World on the same trip since we already had a timeshare week to use. It's such a long flight for us to FL that a longer vacation there is a better value for us.

We booked Early Saver and have an aft inside cabin on the Riviera Deck. I thought about upgrading to the Empress Deck for $60, but figured we'd just wait and see if the upgrade fairy visited us instead. We'll be happy either way!

Congrats! I hope you have a great time! I agree that it's good to start with a short cruise just to make sure. If you enjoy it, the Dream is a great ship to go on next! If you do decide to upgrade, I think the Upper Deck is a better deck to be on with this style of ship. On Empress, you're right below the dining rooms or galley. Some spots will be fine, some could be noisy above you. If you do get an upsell call, their deal may not be very good. Sometimes, their "deal" is actually worse than if you upraded on your own, so check into it before you accept. Have a great cruise!!!

And I can't wait! I've spent the last few weeks here reading threads and researching and I really appreciate all that I've learned from all of you. We were toying with a 7 night cruise on the Dream, but since it's our first cruise we thought that a shorter one might be better in case one of us ends up being really motion sensitive. Plus, the price difference is allowing us to also take our 2 kids to Disney World on the same trip since we already had a timeshare week to use. It's such a long flight for us to FL that a longer vacation there is a better value for us.

We booked Early Saver and have an aft inside cabin on the Riviera Deck. I thought about upgrading to the Empress Deck for $60, but figured we'd just wait and see if the upgrade fairy visited us instead. We'll be happy either way!

Sensation is a great ship. I have enjoyed it each time I was on it. When are you going and which are you doing the 3 or 4 day?

I've been on Riviera aft 3 times, no problems at all. Paying more for a deck a little higher won't make that much difference in your cruise experience. I prefer aft area as it's near the elevators to the buffet area. I book the 4 nighter, extra night and cheaper than the 3 nighter which falls on weekends.

We are going on the Sensation this month. Carnnival contacted us via email about 2 weeks ago to offer an upgrade to the Empress deck for $10 per cabin. I think you made a good decision to wait. I will post a review and pictures once I get back.

We are on the same sailing :) It's my fiance's first cruise, my third.. We are doing a short trip for our anniversary because I don't know how he will tolerate the whole cruise thing LOL

Sensation is a great ship. I have enjoyed it each time I was on it. When are you going and which are you doing the 3 or 4 day?

We're doing the 4 day leaving on August 21st. I had read on here that the 3 day cruises tend to be a little more party oriented and it just seemed a little too short for us.

Thank you for all the positive responses about the Sensation!! I woke up this morning even more excited about this vacation. Our 6 year old is really excited about Carnival Waterworks.

I was up past midnight last night, but the cruise is booked, the timeshare is reserved and airfare is done as well. I can't believe it worked out, but I paid outright for one ticket, used frequent flier miles for another, then used a companion certificate for the other 2 tickets and managed to get everyone on the same DIRECT flight and came in $200 under what I budgeted for airfare. We live in UT so it can be pricey.

I am counting down!!

Archived