Car Service at Manhattan Pier

If I arrange for a car service (for example, Dial 7) to pick us up after we disembark, where would we go to find our car? I have to imagine this is a much faster way to get to the airport after the cruise then waiting in what I hear are huge taxi lines. Anyone have any experience with this?

The answer is "it all depends" because you don't know until that morning where the port officials will want car services to go for pick ups (it could be either ground level or the second level...I've seen it done both ways). Also if traffic getting into the terminal complex is really bad you may want them to pick you up on the other (northbound) side of 12th Ave (we've also done that).

The service I use has you call the dispatcher when you've collected your luggage, gone through customs/immigration and exited the terminal. It's only then that you really know where the pick up spot should be.

The answer is "it all depends" because you don't know until that morning where the port officials will want car services to go for pick ups (it could be either ground level or the second level...I've seen it done both ways). Also if traffic getting into the terminal complex is really bad you may want them to pick you up on the other (northbound) side of 12th Ave (we've also done that).

The service I use has you call the dispatcher when you've collected your luggage, gone through customs/immigration and exited the terminal. It's only then that you really know where the pick up spot should be.

Which service was that? Was it faster than waiting in line for a cab? I have to be to LGA for a 12:30 flight.

Which service was that? Was it faster than waiting in line for a cab? I have to be to LGA for a 12:30 flight.

It's a car service based in our home area of central New Jersey, so I don't recommend you use it for a trip from one place in NY City to another. By all reports, the company you mentioned, Dial 7, provides good quality service.

It will likely be a bit faster using a car service than waiting for a taxi, but with either you should be able to make a 12:30 LGA flight, assuming your ship docks in the 7 to 8 am time frame and CBP doesn't unduly delay disembarkation and customs/immigration clearance.

Archived