Cabo question

Kokopelli2

We will be in Cabo in a month and I had a quick question for you Cabo regulars:

We wanted to take a water taxi to Lover's Beach and hang out for a couple hours. There will be about 8 of us and we were looking to swim a little and play around with snorkelling.

Can we pick up some beer to go at a little store by the tender pier and take it out there with us? If there is a little store there, do they have those styrofoam ice chests and ice?

Is Lover's Beach OK for hanging in the water and doing a little snorkelling? Or, is there a better beach. We know not to swim on the other side....

Thanks!

We wanted to take a water taxi to Lover's Beach and hang out for a couple hours. There will be about 8 of us and we were looking to swim a little and play around with snorkelling.

Can we pick up some beer to go at a little store by the tender pier and take it out there with us? If there is a little store there, do they have those styrofoam ice chests and ice?

Is Lover's Beach OK for hanging in the water and doing a little snorkelling? Or, is there a better beach. We know not to swim on the other side....

Thanks!

If you walk toward town, there is a little flea market near Solomons Landing. Go through the flea market and cross the street to a small store on the corner. They sell beer and may have ice and styrofoam coolers.

Several stores are starting to open nearer the pier, so you may find something closer when you get there.

Lovers beach is usually OK for snorkeling, but you may find the water a little cool and sometimes the surge can be strong. You can see more fish if you go back toward the marina a couple hundred yards to the rocks where the glass bottom boats stop to view fish.

Thanks!

Personally, I would just take along a collapsible ice chest on your cruise.

I suspect that you will also find it useful on your cruise.

Once you dock in Cabo, there is a tiny bar in the back of the Flea Market that sells beer for $1US per bottle, or you can find a small store in town. The one in Tesoro (Wyndham now) has beer to go, as do all.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses. Do you think it would be possible to have one of the boats drop us at Lover's or Pelican and come back to pick us up in a couple hours to take us to Medano? Will they come back for us? Any idea on how much we would be looking at per person?

Thanks for your responses. Do you think it would be possible to have one of the boats drop us at Lover's or Pelican and come back to pick us up in a couple hours to take us to Medano? Will they come back for us? Any idea on how much we would be looking at per person?

[edit] Yes, you can take a water taxi to Lover's beach for about $2pp. They will drop you off, and pick you up later. Even if you miss your pickup, you should be able to find a Panga that will pick you up and take you to Medano Beach.[edit]

Lover's Beach is nice, but keep in mind that there are NO facilities there (restrooms).

I think that if it were me, I would engage the services of a tanga (water taxi) and take a tour of Lover's Beach and the Arch, but then have the water taxi take me to Medano Beach.

The beach there is "swimmable" and the beach is lined with resorts. (Food, cold drinks, facilities!)

There are also lots of vendors along the beach (good or bad), and you can rent skim boards, surf boards, jet skis, and even go para-sailing.

The water taxi will cost $10-12pp (with a group, you can often negotiate a very good rate of maybe $40 for all!)

Keep in mind that you will have to disembark the panga in knee-deep water, but normally someone will come out to help.

Upon return, you can either hire a water taxi (about $2pp), or take a land cab for $10 or so.

Either way, you should have a great time.

We love Cabo.

Archived