Royal Caribbean Sawmill Excursion

mnh

Our flight does not leave out of FLL until 3:15 and I really do not like waiting at FLL. Has anyone ever done this excursion? If so do you have to drag your carry on luggage around?

Our flight does not leave out of FLL until 3:15 and I really do not like waiting at FLL. Has anyone ever done this excursion? If so do you have to drag your carry on luggage around?

Any post cruise excursions and they will take care of your bags.

I don't know which day you would be going, but if it is on a Sunday IMO it is a waste of time because the stores don't open until 11 and you would have to leave for the airport by 1:30 at the latest. Sawgrass Mills is huge.

We would be going on Saturday....even if we do not do much shopping I figured the atmosphere and lunch options would be better than FLL!

It depends on what you consider atmosphere. It is crowded and not particularly interesting. The restaurants are mostly chains-P.F. Changs, Grand Lux (owned by Cheescake Factory which is also there). Unfortunately, there is no service that would take your carry-on bags for you but you may prefer taking a taxi to Las Olas Blvd., 10 minutes north of the port ,which has many restaurants and shops.

It depends on what you consider atmosphere. It is crowded and not particularly interesting. The restaurants are mostly chains-P.F. Changs, Grand Lux (owned by Cheescake Factory which is also there). Unfortunately, there is no service that would take your carry-on bags for you but you may prefer taking a taxi to Las Olas Blvd., 10 minutes north of the port ,which has many restaurants and shops.

I agree...if you only have a few hours and plan on eating lunch during that time, Las Olas Blvd in downtown Fort Lauderdale is very close to the port and airport and is much more interesting than going to a mall. It features non-chain restaurants and boutiques and galleries. The Floridian is open 24/7, so if you get there really early they will be open for breakfast. If you are able to send your bags ahead to the airport this would be perfect.

Archived