Just Back from Elation.......Quick review

CMOTO

Just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Elation....it was mine and DH third and we took a newbie couple with us, all of us in our late 30's.

we all thought the food was very good, not good, VERY good!! we all gained weight!! it was always hot and i loved eating more than i should have!!

we all liked the shows (Just rock and WIN), but the comedy guys were just okay, they had their moments, but really not that funny.

ports were Progreso and Cozumel.....once again I LOVE PROGRESO, not so much with Coz, we all went to Buddy's and had a really good time. Coz we just went downtown and walked around, I could skip this port unless I was gonna do a excursion!

Ummm... what else.... i really liked this ship, the crew was great and our room guys were awesome!! We had late dinner seating and had great table mates, we all ran into each other about every nite and had a drink or two!!

We were on the bottom of the ship (Deck 4) and had the bunk bed room, was a little nervous about that but, really we had plenty of room and the beds were comfy!!!

well, still getting back to normal so if anyone has any questions.....ask away while its still fresh in my mind......i think the one thing that really stood out, was all the bad reviews about the food being cold and bland and just bad, this was totally not the case for us, i thought everything i got was just wonderful!!!

okay...ask away!!:D:D

Just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Elation....it was mine and DH third and we took a newbie couple with us, all of us in our late 30's.

we all thought the food was very good, not good, VERY good!! we all gained weight!! it was always hot and i loved eating more than i should have!!

we all liked the shows (Just rock and WIN), but the comedy guys were just okay, they had their moments, but really not that funny.

ports were Progreso and Cozumel.....once again I LOVE PROGRESO, not so much with Coz, we all went to Buddy's and had a really good time. Coz we just went downtown and walked around, I could skip this port unless I was gonna do a excursion!

Ummm... what else.... i really liked this ship, the crew was great and our room guys were awesome!! We had late dinner seating and had great table mates, we all ran into each other about every nite and had a drink or two!!

We were on the bottom of the ship (Deck 4) and had the bunk bed room, was a little nervous about that but, really we had plenty of room and the beds were comfy!!!

well, still getting back to normal so if anyone has any questions.....ask away while its still fresh in my mind......i think the one thing that really stood out, was all the bad reviews about the food being cold and bland and just bad, this was totally not the case for us, i thought everything i got was just wonderful!!!

okay...ask away!!:D:D

This was posted today, as in 4/2/11? The reason I ask is, we sail Monday, 4/4. Is she just going to sit at dock for 2 days?? That seems weird.

OK, edited to say that I'm guessing you got back Thursday or Friday and the Elation is now out on a 4 day? That makes more sense.

I did the same cruise back in Nov. and everything was great.The food the staff the ship it was all great so great im sailing again may 7th for a seven day cruise ports are Montego bay Grand Caymen and Cozumel i just cant wait ...

This was posted today, as in 4/2/11? The reason I ask is, we sail Monday, 4/4. Is she just going to sit at dock for 2 days?? That seems weird.

OK, edited to say that I'm guessing you got back Thursday or Friday and the Elation is now out on a 4 day? That makes more sense.

Yes, that is correct, I got off on Thursday. today was the first day that I had a chance to sit down and post!!!!

so many things to get back in order when you come back from vacation but, I would do it all over again tomorrow!!!!

I did the same cruise back in Nov. and everything was great.The food the staff the ship it was all great so great im sailing again may 7th for a seven day cruise ports are Montego bay Grand Caymen and Cozumel i just cant wait ...

nofishforme...I would LOVE to hear how your trip goes in May. DH and I are taking that same cruise on July 9th and the "heads up" would be great. This is our first cruise. :D

Just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Elation..

ports were Progreso and Cozumel.....once again I LOVE PROGRESO, not so much with Coz, we all went to Buddy's and had a really good time.

We're doing that same cruise in November from N/O.

Buddy's pretty nice huh???

We're doing that same cruise in November from N/O.

Buddy's pretty nice huh???

In my opinion Coz is so americanized, and Progreso is still authentic, Buddy's has a little hatch roofed place and has tables out on the beach and the waiters take care of you out there. There is the pushers that come around and want you to buy stuff but you have that everywhere in Mexico. there were 4 of us and we all had ALOT of drinks and chips and our bill was 78 bucks(american) plus free shots of tequlia!!!!

I could have gotten a one hour massage for 20 bucks, if i wouldnt have been sunburned from the day before i would have got one, but i couldn't be touched!!!!

We were on board with you. We had early dining and the food was awesome always served hot! In Progresso we did the Slicer beach club with drinks included nice clean place and had an awesome beachside massage for $20.00. In Cozumel 10 of us rented a taxi van for $20.00 each and went around the island stopping at several spots for swimming and pictures wonderful weather.

Archived