southern most point

socialsea

We sailed in on Majesty of the Seas last August for a one day stay on Key West. Absolutely loved this little island. We are doing the same cruise this August--CAN'T WAIT!!! Last year we strolled down the main street (can't remember name of street) and got all the way to Margaritaville. Had some very delicious margaritas and some mile high nachos and pretty much wasted the afternoon away in Margaritaville:D:D We wanted to walk down to the southern most point but thought we better head back to the ship. My question is how much farther would we have had to walk to get there? I thought it was quite a walk to Margaritaville--don't know how much farther I could have walked. Would like to try it this summer if you think it is walkable.

Actually for the SOUTHERNMOST POINT you need to be on Whitehead st. When you are on Duval going toward the point make a right on any street, walk one block. When you get to the corner, make a left. Walk straight to you get to the point.

Also, when you walk back, you have MILE MARKER 0 for US 1. Don't know if that is a big deal for you. Will admit, we have a pic by it and we get alot of comments about it.

Enjoy KEY WEST. Oh yea! YOu HAVE to get a Chocolate Covered Key Lime Pie Slice. GREATEST THING ON THE PLANET!!!! At least I think so.

We also wanted to see the Southern Most Point and other stuff too, so we rented one of the electric carts ( not car ) Its a glorieid golf cart complete with turn signals, windsheild...etc They have them for 2, 4 or even 6 passenegers. We rented 2 of the 4 seaters for the day and we got to see all we wanted to see in several hours. These things will do 25 miles an hour so they are quick too. I highly recommend this if you dont want to walk all over but still see allot. You can buy a prking ticket for a few bux in case you want to park someplace where they have meters. You will need to do this by the Southern Most Point. I also recommend the choc covered key lime pie that 092306 mentioned...AWESOME !!:p

We did a 2 night pre-cruise stay in Feb. Flew in to Miami, rented a car, drove down to Key West and stayed 2 nights before our cruise, the drove back to Miami in the morning, returned our rental, and was at the Port of Miami by 11:00, and on the ship by 11:30. Great little town. Wanted to experience more of the nightlife in this little town, and we don't get to do that by doing the short cruise stops.

We have walked to the Southernmost point each time we have docked in Key West. From now on, whenever we dock there, we will rent bikes. Did this for a day while we were there and it was great to ride the bikes a round town.

• 2 weeks later...
Since I see you live there, how would you like to hire me to cut your grass, or clean your pool, walk your dog...etc I only need a couch to sleep on an some crackers...LOL !!!:D

Ha. My house is too small to have any grass...

Archived