Mountainlakes Honolulu to Sydney?? Carnival Spirit

Are you booked ??

Or are you just waiting to book?

do you know anything about the itinerary- the suspense is driving me crazy:o:eek:

I see you on list for Sept 30 2012

I'm at a friend's house who is a CC fan and who is also planning on booking, and she's letting me use her computer so don't be concerned about the different posting name.

In case you want to contact me directly, my email address is:

mountainlakesdrive@gmail.com

I am NOT booked, but I'm waiting to book--and I've been waiting to book the Honolulu to Sydney cruise since March 11th when Carnival reopened the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise; they had opened that cruise for a few days in late February, and then they closed it.

No, I don't know a thing about the itinerary, but I'm not sure I care and neither does DH. We're looking to duplicate the experience we had in 2009 when we sailed on the Splendor's repositioning cruise Around the Horn for 49 nights after booking on a "Veterans Day Special" that was so dirt cheap we couldn't pass it up; we also got a military rate! DH and I sailed on the Sun Princess in March 2008 for 29 nights "Around Australia," and we were going to repeat that experience in 2009, but with Royal Caribbean when the Splendor's repositioning cruises changed our plans. DH is "an Aussie at heart," and I enjoyed Australia so much I would return anytime!!! I have been very ill since we returned from the cruise aboard the Splendor, and the doctor just cleared me to travel again on March 21st; I am REALLY looking forward to the Spirit's repositioning cruise!!!

The "expert" is the lady who set up the Facebook page: Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012, and she is also on CC; her first name is Tracy, and she's a Canadian travel agent. If you check on the Carnival Spirit Roll Call, you'll run across her postings. She has promised everyone to alert us as soon as the booking information becomes available, but right now, I don't expect that before April 15th; John Heald on FB had said March 28th, but then he changed it; my friend believes John is just "beating the drums" to "hype the crowd."

I am new to CC; I discovered CC when I was doing a Google search for information about the cabins aboard the Spirit. I am enjoying the cameraderie (sp?) of nice folks like you, and I am vastly amused by some of the other folks who post!!! Sorry I'm not much help to you!

I am actually a kiwi- similar to Aussies but NOT aussies:D

Princess Cruises for Aussies and kiwis are Way too expensive around Australia- thousands more than a similar lenght cruise in the States.

So I am hoping Carnival does not hype up the prices just for the NZ/Australian market.

We went on Carnival spirit last year- the last Alaskan cruise and we liked her.

We have also been on Splendor but did not get to mexico because of SWINE FLU.

We are suppose to be having a cruise free year next year due to the economy and slow business - but I am telling my husband that this opportunity will only come once.

It is a pity Carnival Spirit will just be doing more of the same old cruises most Aussie and NZ cruisers have already been on.

I wish they were doing something new.

I am actually a kiwi- similar to Aussies but NOT aussies:D

Princess Cruises for Aussies and kiwis are Way too expensive around Australia- thousands more than a similar lenght cruise in the States.

So I am hoping Carnival does not hype up the prices just for the NZ/Australian market.

We went on Carnival spirit last year- the last Alaskan cruise and we liked her.

We have also been on Splendor but did not get to mexico because of SWINE FLU.

We are suppose to be having a cruise free year next year due to the economy and slow business - but I am telling my husband that this opportunity will only come once.

It is a pity Carnival Spirit will just be doing more of the same old cruises most Aussie and NZ cruisers have already been on.

I wish they were doing something new.

My apologies to you: I didn't even look to see where you live!!!

I've heard directly from other folks that Aussies and Kiwis believe cruises in their own part of the world are expensive so cruising in North and South America is a better deal! We don't cruise unless it's a bargain because we can't afford to!! We're STILL talking about how expensive it was in Australia: a chicken sandwich at MacDonald's was twice the price it is where we live!!

What I've heard from my daily calls to Carnival is that the Honolulu to Sydney cruise will be priced and handled by Carnival Cruise Line is Florida, but the sailings once Spirit arrives in Sydney will be handled by Carnival Australia. I don't know if you're aware, but I did call to Sydney using an old telephone calling card I had forgotten I had: On Friday the 25th the woman there told me the Honolulu to Sydney sailing is one she would have information on "around April 15th."

I could not agree with you more when you say that you're telling your husband that "this opportunity will only come once." That is what we encountered on the Splendor's repositioning cruise, but I'm pushing the odds that Spirit's repositioning cruise will be almost as good, if not exactly as good. I don't know what you know about the market that Carnival has, but it is practically unheard of that they offer more than a 15-day sailing, and most of their sailings are in the four- to seven-day category. For this reason their customer base, although loyal and devoted, is not suited to long sailings, and that fact works against them when they're trying to market long cruises. On the Splendor's repositioning cruises, they just kept dropping the price until they sold the cabin space: We booked the same unobstructed oceanview cabin for each of the three back-to-back cruises, and the price per person for each of those cruises was $618.00 (US); the first cruise (Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires) was 17 days, the second (Buenos Aires to Santiago) was 14 days, and the third (Santiago to San Francisco) was 18 days.

I'm going to turn in because it's 1:15 a.m. here, but please feel free to email me directly: mountainlakesdrive@gmail.com

If you want to establish email contact, I'll email you as soon as I know the Honolulu to Sydney cruise opens; I'll post here too, but it may be a little later. LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!!!

Archived