First timer questions

Ruislipspur

I'm sure the answers are elsewhere on the boards, but sadly haven't got the time at the moment as we're getting prepared for Wednesday:D

1. Will there be toiletries in our cabin?

2. Is there a "running track" around the Dream?

3. Will there be exercise classes onboard?

4. Will there be an iron and ironing board in our cabin?

5. I've got a form about onward transportation after the cruise here, should this be filled in before we check-in an the port?

6. I've seen seasickness mentioned here and there, is this common? we were thinking these massive cruise ships would be so well stablilised it wasn't an issue

Thank you:cool:

I'm sure the answers are elsewhere on the boards, but sadly haven't got the time at the moment as we're getting prepared for Wednesday:D

5. I've got a form about onward transportation after the cruise here, should this be filled in before we check-in an the port?

6. I've seen seasickness mentioned here and there, is this common? we were thinking these massive cruise ships would be so well stablilised it wasn't an issue

Yes, there will be toiletries but it varies from ship to ship and voyage to voyage. There will be shampoo and body wash in the shower but there's also a small bowl of product samples typically including a razor, some antacids of some sort and some variety of toothpaste.

The Dream has a jogging track on the spa deck. One lap is 1/10 mile. A walk around the exterior Promenade Deck is rather nice also and is nearly 1/2 mile.

No iron and ironing board in your cabin as they are considered fire hazards. However, here's a list of public laundry facilities that have irons and ironing boards available:

Name: Launderettes / Ironing Rooms

Locations - Launderettes

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Lido Deck 10 - forward / across from 10262

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Riviera Deck 1 – aft / across from 1411

Upper Deck 6 – midship / across from 6382

Verandah Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Vista Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette / Ironing Room

• 2 or 3 washers
  • 2 or 3 dryers
  • 1 iron and ironing board
  • Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener
  • Ironing Room: 2 ironing boards/irons

Sorry, I can't help with your baggage forwarding question...

Seasickness is one of those really personal things. I've never had motion sickness so I can't give you an accurate answer but I can tell you that when we were on the Dream in 30 foot seas she moved about quite a bit. The more active the sea the more motion regardless of how big the ship is. Seasickness meds are available from both Guest Services and the dispensary.

Hope you have a perfectly brilliant voyage!!!

:)

Just about to post a review of Dream from March - any questions happy to try and answer- don't know the answer ot onward transportation though

We were on the Dream last May, we loved it! I can tell you that we didn't fill out our luggage express until probably 2-3 days before we left. We didn't get a form until we got there. We loved it and will do it again in June if it is offered.

I would buy some Bonine or Dramamine II (non-drowsy) before you leave. There is a charge for that on the ship now. I usually take one before the ship sails the first day and decide from there. I haven't needed any more in the last few years. I would take it just to have it and remember you need to take it before you feel sick or else it won't work.

I would buy some Bonine or Dramamine II (non-drowsy) before you leave. There is a charge for that on the ship now. I usually take one before the ship sails the first day and decide from there. I haven't needed any more in the last few years. I would take it just to have it and remember you need to take it before you feel sick or else it won't work.

That's good advice. My very first cruise was calm seas but I felt queasy anyway. I took Dramamine the first couple of days and then never needed it again in that cruise or the other 2 we've taken since then. Just have some with you, it doesn't hurt.

:eek: Your on vacation. A few years ago, my husbands suit and several of my dresses got really wrinkled in our suitcases. I sent them with our room attendant. They came back later that day all pressed and nice. Was only about 7 dollars or so. Really not expensive at all.

Stop at the store on your way to port and grab a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release for everything else. It worked great.

Have a great trip!

I've also read that Zrtec and benedryl work. I took benedryl at night on my last cruise and I think Zyrtec is similar but it last 24hours. If you have ever had motion sickness, you should take some non-drowsy dramamine before you set sail and then benedryl or zrytec at night.

I swear by those Sea Bands. They can be bought at any drug store and I think they sell them in the on board shop. They are terry cloth wristlets that have a bead that presses on the inside of your wrist. I am not sure exactly how they work but I wouldn't cruise without them. I love them because they are not a drug and are very easy to use. Okay they don't look good on Elegant Night but who cares!

Most of your questions have been answered, but I am going to take a stab at #5 as I think perhaps you are referring to what form of tranportation you will use after you debark possibly? If you are planning on remaining here in the states for a bit after the cruise they just want to know I would think. Then again, I could be all wet (PUN intended) and you are referring to Luggage Express. If so, never mind.

Welcome to Cruise Critic by the way.

Just thought, would there be a problem taking our own travel iron on board?

They will remove it from your luggage and keep it till the end of the cruise . If your luggage is locked, they will call you to the "naughty" room to have you unlock your bag, and then confiscate it.

Archived