Taxi From Hotel To Nola Port: Pax with Cane

kcfoxy

We'll be flying into New Orleans 2 days before our cruise and taking a taxi from DT hotel to the Erato Pier for NCL Spirit embarkation. My question: as I walk with a cane for short distances, (needed WC in bigger airports), where will we be let off?

In front of the Convention Center, so we need to walk around the back to the cruise terminal entry?

At some entrance much closer to the NCL check-in? I've been reading about lots of stairs and need to avoid bunches of those if at all possible...

Are there wheelchairs available, as at the airport, for those who cannot walk long distances or stand for long intervals?

Not totally disabled, a patellar (knee) tendon rupture after antibiotic treatment, but as specialty question figure it was better posted here than Disability section...thanks in advance!

You probably already read on the NCL Borad that the taxi will drop you off "at the front door" poster was uncertain about wc to get on ship.

Wish someone would answer my post about taxi to hotel when getting off the ship!! Did read somewhere that taxis do not/or would not take short fares, just wanted the airport run, am trying to figure our if this will be a problem, we are going form ship to hotel for one night post cruse.

Wheelchairs are available once you get to the second floor (up an escalator an elevator). They will push you onto the ship once you check in.

Taxis may not like short fares, but it is illegal for them to refuse.

You could call for a taxi, too:

http://www.unitedcabs.com/

Taxis to/from the port are flat rate. To a downtown hotel is perhaps $7pp but I'm not sure. You could ask United.

Yes, did read that the drop-off for taxis and shuttles was quite near the Security entrance at the Cruise Terminal and that is great news indeed.

May or may not be able to 'hoof' it through the terminal, really more of a day to day thing but do like to know if WCs might be available if needed...really helps with the 'unknown' factor.

Thanks for getting back to me on these issues. BTW: I now sort of do wish we would have 1 post cruise day in NOLA...the 1 1/2 on the front half are fine, too but it would be nice to have a 'cushion' day between disembark and airport/flying hustle...plus revisit a favorite eatery or two!

Wish someone would answer my post about taxi to hotel when getting off the ship!! Did read somewhere that taxis do not/or would not take short fares, just wanted the airport run, am trying to figure our if this will be a problem, we are going form ship to hotel for one night post cruse.

After we disembarked we got a taxi from the port to Drury Inn- no problems or hassle at all. It was $7/pp

• 5 months later...

Hello, about three yrs ago I stayed at the Marriott Convention Hotel and took a cab to the pier (didn't know you could walk there:(). The five minute ride cost about $30!!!!!!!! So now I am wondering if they are still charging that FLAT rate from Hotel to Pier or is it metered?

Anyone taken a cab lately that might know that answer? Thanks in advance:)

Hello, about three yrs ago I stayed at the Marriott Convention Hotel and took a cab to the pier (didn't know you could walk there:(). The five minute ride cost about $30!!!!!!!! So now I am wondering if they are still charging that FLAT rate from Hotel to Pier or is it metered?

I was there in August and it was still $7/person. From reading other threads it appears that although the post is close, walking there is logistically difficult.

Dragging 3 suitcases and pushing a stroller in the heat/humidity vs $21 for the 3 of us was well worth it in my opinion!!

If they charged you $30 you were ripped off. Last year from Convention Center Marriott was $5. From Marriott Canal St was $7. Airport to downtown is about $37 right now.

Archived