Just back from March 26 Eclipse Eastern Sailing

judla

Since my sister and I have been planning this cruise I have read every post about how wonderful this ship was and it exceeded our expectations. Embarkation was smooth and easy we were on the ship by 11:45 AM. We walked around a little then went to the Oceanview Cafe for lunch and sit out on the back & look at Miami & soak up the sun. This was especially nice for my sister and her husband who came from frigid Michigan. We were in Aqua Class and the room was a little smaller than on our last RCI but plenty of space & beautifully deorated. Loved the glass shower doors - no fighting with shower curtains. They had all the amenities we were told we shold have: small vase of fresh flowers, champagne, fruit basket, heavy, soft robes & slippers, choice of pillows, binoculars, etc, etc. The ship itself is so beautiful they seemed to have thought of everything, but trash cans. Loved the Lawn Club and enjoyed playing Bocci Ball, corquet, watching te glass blowing demonstration and chese & wine on the grass one night. We ate in Blu, Qsine and the Moonlight Sanata restaurants. Breakfast was either room service on shore days or the Oceanview cafe on ship days (once in Blu). Only saw 2 shows. One was a Captains Toast the singing and dancing to various Broadway tunes and one on I think Thursday which was tremendous, kind of like Circ called Eclipse. The rest didn't really interest us as there were so many other things to do. I won a whopping 2 cents in the slots (prefer to saying that rather than losing 98 cents). We had been to both Puerto Rico & St. Maarten previously so we just walked around there. On St. Kitts we went to the Marriott and spent the day on the beach there. It was the most relaxing day of all. The saddest day was esterday when we had to leave this beautiful ship and fly home. The airport at Ft. Lauderdale was old and needs a lot of repairs. Hard to find a seat, dirty floors & unorganized.

We were on this sailing too and had a wonderful time. Really enjoyed the ship and the D'Revelation band - great for dancing. We had a fabulous dinner in Murano and Tony was great as a maitre 'd. The food was interesting and fun in Qsine. We hated to leave the ship yesterday and have already booked for next March.

Kathy

Since my sister and I have been planning this cruise I have read every post about how wonderful this ship was and it exceeded our expectations. Embarkation was smooth and easy we were on the ship by 11:45 AM. We walked around a little then went to the Oceanview Cafe for lunch and sit out on the back & look at Miami & soak up the sun. This was especially nice for my sister and her husband who came from frigid Michigan. We were in Aqua Class and the room was a little smaller than on our last RCI but plenty of space & beautifully deorated. Loved the glass shower doors - no fighting with shower curtains. They had all the amenities we were told we shold have: small vase of fresh flowers, champagne, fruit basket, heavy, soft robes & slippers, choice of pillows, binoculars, etc, etc. The ship itself is so beautiful they seemed to have thought of everything, but trash cans. Loved the Lawn Club and enjoyed playing Bocci Ball, corquet, watching te glass blowing demonstration and chese & wine on the grass one night. We ate in Blu, Qsine and the Moonlight Sanata restaurants. Breakfast was either room service on shore days or the Oceanview cafe on ship days (once in Blu). Only saw 2 shows. One was a Captains Toast the singing and dancing to various Broadway tunes and one on I think Thursday which was tremendous, kind of like Circ called Eclipse. The rest didn't really interest us as there were so many other things to do. I won a whopping 2 cents in the slots (prefer to saying that rather than losing 98 cents). We had been to both Puerto Rico & St. Maarten previously so we just walked around there. On ST Kitts we went to the Marriott and spent the day on the beach there. It was the most relaxing day of all. The saddest day was esterday when we had to leave this beautiful ship and fly home. The airport at Ft. Lauderdale was old and needs a lot of repairs. Hard to find a seat, dirty floors & unorganized.

Hello Judla,

We are also going to spend the day at the Marriott in St. Kitts on our November cruise, we have booked a room for the day.

Did you also book a room or is there a way to use their beach without booking a room, can you just rent beach chairs for the day at the Marriott:confused:

The room rates were $125.00 + tax for 1 day's use. We thought that was too high for just part of one day so we asked about the day pases just for the beach. They were available for $35/day but you couldn't use the pool or cabanas. However the beaches are all free so we decided just to go down and take a look at it. Once through the hotel and out the "back door" we headed to the beach where we met some employees who keep the beach nice. We told them we hadn't paid the day fee but since there weren't many people there could we use the cabanas? They said sure, no problem. I reminded them we had not paid a cent to the hotel and they said again it was ok. We changed in the hotel bathrom and used the beach & cabanas for free. We did not use the pool as we felt that was for paying guests and we did not want to press our luck of using the beach. Honestly it was the best day ever. We were able to purchase food & soft drinks by the pool and just walk the beautiful beach & sit in chairs & read. The cab fare was $10 for 2 people one way. When we left the door man out front called us a cab to go back to the port.

Archived