Simpson Bay Beach

syndyj

I have read Ed and Sandra's reviews of St. Martin and they mentioned discovering a great beach on Simpson Bay that the Mary's Boon Hotel sits on. Can anyone tell me how to get to this beach from our ship (we are on AOS and will be tendered), what it is like and is it worth spending a few hours at?

Since we will be on honeymoon, we really want a quiet beach (off the beaten path) with calm waters and white sand. Is this a good beach for us or any other suggestions?

Simpson Bay Beach is one of the more underrated beaches on St. Maarten. It's a nice long, relatively quiet strech of great sand and calm waters. It's usually VERY uncrowded.

I've never seen nudity and only occasional toplessness there.

It's not really off the beaten path, it's just that not very many people utilize the beach.

I think that you'd really enjoy it if you want some quiet time alone.

It's outside of 'town' near the airport, and there could be a few planes taking off while you're there, but we consider it more of a photo-op than a problem.

To get there, just grab a cab at the pier and get a ride to Mary's Boon. There are full facilities available there, and they can call for a cab to return you to downtown Philipsburg when you're ready.

I have a portion of a SXM map posted over here that shows the beach.

_____

We must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Archived