Reviews of Mariner: How concerned should I really be?

I have to admit to being pretty stoked about Mariner: I've been pushing for her all along. Yesterday I saw the chart with the space ratios on it, and Mariner gives you more space pp than CCL Magic.

I'm NOT saying anything re: CCL vs. RCCL, and if the group consensus goes with Magic, I'll be pretty excited anyway, but Mariner looks like a really awesome ship! And she has an ice rink! An ice rink, I tell you!

I have to admit to being pretty stoked about Mariner: I've been pushing for her all along. Yesterday I saw the chart with the space ratios on it, and Mariner gives you more space pp than CCL Magic.

I'm NOT saying anything re: CCL vs. RCCL, and if the group consensus goes with Magic, I'll be pretty excited anyway, but Mariner looks like a really awesome ship! And she has an ice rink! An ice rink, I tell you!

The Ice SHOW is pretty darned cool .....Promenade is great as well, a great place to stroll up and down before dinner. I'll keep out of the Royal v Carnival as well... but I'll tell you yu can't go wrong with Mariner... there is likely someone like me that will say the same thing about Magic as well...

... oh yeah,... and a ROCK WALL:D

I have just spent 23 nights on the Mariner and it was great. On my first couple of days I recieved phone calls from guest services making sure I understood instructions for certain activities with the main language being Portugese. 2880 Brazilians, 300 Argentinians, 120 English speakers.

The only thing I did not recieve was an invitation to the Cruise Critic Function on the Med Cruise. A bottle of wine was sent to my room 2 days later when I asked why I was not invited. Housekeeping got the blame.

The dining room could have served quicker breakfasts.

I would have NO issues with going back on the Mariner for another 23 days.

There were some back-to-back on our around the Horn cruise that didn't realize that they needed to reserve for both CC functions. Fortunately, they knew the time and showed up and were graciously allowed to attend. I would have gladly had the wine! Glad they made it up to you.

I have just spent 23 nights on the Mariner and it was great. On my first couple of days I recieved phone calls from guest services making sure I understood instructions for certain activities with the main language being Portugese. 2880 Brazilians, 300 Argentinians, 120 English speakers.

The only thing I did not recieve was an invitation to the Cruise Critic Function on the Med Cruise. A bottle of wine was sent to my room 2 days later when I asked why I was not invited. Housekeeping got the blame.

The dining room could have served quicker breakfasts.

I would have NO issues with going back on the Mariner for another 23 days.

So, I've almost got my group to stop waffling and we're just about ready to finalize our cruise plans.

RCCL Mariner is in the running, and I've seen that a lot of people really like the ship. I've noticed that many of the 01/11 reviews of Mariner were bad, but that a more recent (Feb) review was good. Of course, the itinerary is different: we would be taking her out of Galveston instead of LA.

Considering that we're going to have 1) A different itinerary and 2) a different embarkation port, how concerned about a group of bad reviews should I be? I mean, most reviews are subjective, and you have to take them with a grain of salt, but sometimes a whole bunch of negatives is a warning sign.

In your experience, would you be concerned, or would you ignore the reviews?

I'd ignore the review, enjoy your cruise

Archived