Contraband/ Med. itineraries

I know RCCL's contraband list is strict, but I haven't read anywhere if they are more lenient outside of the Carribean, specifically Barcelona. Can anyone with recent experience provide input on embark., ports of call etc.? Thanks in advance.

I know RCCL's contraband list is strict, but I haven't read anywhere if they are more lenient outside of the Carribean, specifically Barcelona. Can anyone with recent experience provide input on embark., ports of call etc.? Thanks in advance.

what contraband are talking of?

The cruise we were on RCCL in the Med, they were just as strict in enforcement of policy. Returning from Corfu I had an EMPTY wine bottle in my pack ( I collect the wine labels) and sure enough I was flagged and asked to remove the item. When I produced an empty bottle they were puzzled but allowed to board with said item. But our Med cruise with Disney this past year we purchased not only local wines (fabulous) as well as local cheeses and foods and enjoyed them each evening on our balcony at sunset. Imagine the "kids" cruise line treats you as an adult.;):D

It seems to be hit or miss. On Voyager last May we brought back a bottle of lemoncello in Naples and and bottle of wine in Liverno fully expecting to be stopped but we were not. We just had it in a small backpack that we sent through the scanner.

Archived