How do Price Drops work exactly?

ChelleR

Hi!

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to explain how price drops work?

We are booked on the Sea Princess for June. We have two cabins booked...a BC and a JJ and we are booked through an agency. I have diligently been checking princess.com daily at the prices for the BC and JJ categories and today I noticed there has been a price drop in both categories ($300 less for JJ and $400 less for BC).

So at this point we call our agent and request an adjustment correct? We have not made final payment yet.

Thank you! :)

Michelle

Correct. If the drop is not due to a special new booking only promotion, Princess will adjust...

Hi!

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to explain how price drops work?

We are booked on the Sea Princess for June. We have two cabins booked...a BC and a JJ and we are booked through an agency. I have diligently been checking princess.com daily at the prices for the BC and JJ categories and today I noticed there has been a price drop in both categories ($300 less for JJ and $400 less for BC).

So at this point we call our agent and request an adjustment correct? We have not made final payment yet.

Thank you! :)

Michelle

Yes, just contact your agent and ask if they honor price drops. This only works if it is before the final payment due date. Some agencies charge change fees, but it may still be worth it if the drop is greater than the fee.

Someone on another thread wondered if you book a guarantee if you can still get price drops. Seems to me you should be able to. Anyone know?

If you book a guarantee and you haven't been assigned a higher cabin category then you originally booked the guarantee cabin in, then yes, you can still obtain price drops if they should occur (as long as they aren't ear marked for new bookings only). BUT, if you book a guarantee and receive a higher category stateroom assignment then you originally booked, you have a choice. Either take the price drop and go back into the guarantee pool for a cabin assignment later on, or take the upgrade and you don't get the price drop. Usually you have a choice between the two.

Prices for our Ocean Princess cruise in October have dropped considerably. Twice. Six weeks ago we were lowered by $785/PP and yesterday by $1010/PP. That's a lot of money on just one cruise. You must be proactive and keep checking prices. I called my TA and was refared immediately. Who knows.........could drop again.

Archived