Just a simple beach day?

Puffinater

Any suggestions for just a simple beach day? Would like a beach with facilities that does not cost a ton of $$'s to get to and from. Thanks.

I have asked similar questions before.....we are considering a water Taxi to Caye Caulker....but I would also be interested in more suggestions as well.....especially on the not haveing to spend a fortune part.

It simply does not existence in Belize, in regards to a "simple beach day". There are not beaches on the mainland were the ship docks. There are no beach clubs like you have in Cozumel at all. The only thing that would be considered a beach is at one of the islands like Caye Caulker, but that isn't a super nice beach like you have in other places. It is a quirkly little island that some find very interesting. But what makes it "non-simple" so to speak is that you have to tender into the mainland for 20 min. then take the water taxi back out for 45 minutes one way.

My suggestion for a simple beach day is not to try and do it in Belize

PS There is Bannister Island through Coral Breezes but again, you have to tender in and go back out. I have read mixed reviews here.

The nearest "beach" to the tender dock is Cucumber Beach in what's called "Old Belize". It's a cab ride away. Some cruise excursions with city tours stop there. On weekends it's used byu locals, but generally pretty quiet during the week and some of the facilities may not be open every day.

Bannister Island, Goeff's Caye, Caye Caulker are your best bets.

Bannister Island, Goeff's Caye, Caye Caulker are your best bets.

What is the difference between the 3? I have searched and really can't find the answer. Do the water taxis go to all 3? There are 5 of us all adults and we have done cave tubbing already so thought maybe this will be fun. I am slightly worried about time timing with all the travel time it takes is it worth it? I am traveling on the Triumph not sure what the time we have there is vs ship time ect. Just get nervous not using a Carnival excursion on a tender port. I havent read any horror stories but..... Any help would be appreciated.

Archived