Purchased fun ship dollars over 2 wks ago and they still have not been credited!!

I purchased my first Fun ship dollar on March 19th. I did it online and just put my booking and room number in the address spaces. They charged my card and I received 2 confirmation emails. I called last week because it still was not showing up on my cruise documents. The lady said she could see where I purchased them. She said since my cruise is not until October that it will take longer for them to be applied. I planned on purchasing them every 2 wks, but not sure about it now. Not sure if I should purchase another one when the one I bought over 2 wks ago still hasn't been applied. Any Advice?? :confused:

Our cruise was about 6 months out when we last did this. It took about 2 weeks at the longest to post online. As long as they can see the total (and it equals what you purchased ;)) when you call to inquire about it then I would not worry too much, you have the confirm's and they can see it internally. It will show up and it posts quicker as it gets closer. We saved about $800 for that trip and our bill came to just over $500, nice check at the end so felt pretty good about our spending! Have fun!

I called over a week ago and put a good chunk of change on our on board credit account and it has not shown up, also i prepaid the tips and they combined it and are calling it my 'cruise fare' (as though my cruise costed more than what i payed for it) sure would be nice if they would break it down and credit my account so I can put more money up

Our cruise was about 6 months out when we last did this. It took about 2 weeks at the longest to post online. As long as they can see the total (and it equals what you purchased ;)) when you call to inquire about it then I would not worry too much, you have the confirm's and they can see it internally. It will show up and it posts quicker as it gets closer. We saved about $800 for that trip and our bill came to just over $500, nice check at the end so felt pretty good about our spending! Have fun!

did you save it all with fun ship dollars? This is my first cruise so I'm still figuring things out!! I spoke to someone at carnival that told me I could not use fun ship dollars to pay gratuity. She also said that it didn't matter how much was in the acct. prior to boarding cause we will still have to put down atleast $100 at boarding:confused:

We have bought $300 so far and it showed up about a week later on our online documents and our cruise isn't until next Feb. Just call if you're unsure and they will verify your purchase.

My last cruise, I bought funship dollars as OBC every month for the 8 months before the cruise. Each one, I got an email confirmation that said they'd post to the account 2 weeks before the cruise. They showed up about 6 weeks before the cruise.

I purchased my first Fun ship dollar on March 19th. I did it online and just put my booking and room number in the address spaces. They charged my card and I received 2 confirmation emails. I called last week because it still was not showing up on my cruise documents. The lady said she could see where I purchased them. She said since my cruise is not until October that it will take longer for them to be applied. I planned on purchasing them every 2 wks, but not sure about it now. Not sure if I should purchase another one when the one I bought over 2 wks ago still hasn't been applied. Any Advice?? :confused:

see- thats why I have them mailed to me--- and I can watch my certificate pile slowly grow. Buying them weekly now for an October cruise is just too much paper work for me.

Because you see it online--does it mean you will see it on the ship.

I get paid every two weeks- I buy 25.00 certificate and I receive it the next week

Is there any advantage to buying these? Do they discount the dollars and give you full value when you use them?

no discount- its a safe easy way to save and prepay our sign and sail account.

By taking 25.00 every other week- I should have close to 700. by the time we sail

did you save it all with fun ship dollars? This is my first cruise so I'm still figuring things out!! I spoke to someone at carnival that told me I could not use fun ship dollars to pay gratuity. She also said that it didn't matter how much was in the acct. prior to boarding cause we will still have to put down atleast $100 at boarding:confused:

I buy them to be mailed to me- I have never had to place more money on my account- nor do I use a credit card onboard. You have the first 24 hours to visit the pursers desk- and you can use your card during that time. yes, even before you place your certificates.)

I have never mailed them in---carried them onboard with me each time. I have used these in over 10 carnival cruises.

Is there any advantage to buying these? No Do they discount the dollars and give you full value when you use them No...that's the only way I'd buy them ?

If you're not disciplined to save spending money on your own then Carnival will gladly take your money with no incentive.

To answer the OP's question, we saved over time, putting $100 or $200 on the OBC each payday until it reached $800 (that was our goal for that trip). We prepay tips and then add to it as we see fit once onboard but at least the base tip requirement is fulfilled. When you go up to check in tell them you have the OBC with cash on it already and that should surfice for boarding. They have never required anything else from us (we pay cash for everything and do not use credit cards) after checking our account. We usually spend about $500 when we cruise (average) for 2 adults and an 8 year old. We prepay whatever we can including tips, excursions, send wine from BV to our cabin with some fruit and cheese, we bring soda onboard as well as bottled water. We usually only purchase one or two VERY NICE (and only if they are very nice) pictures of us as a family with a cruise frame and enjoy a few cocktails each night. We are not big drinkers during the day but don't worry about it if we decide to indulge because we have the money on our S & S account. Takes the pressure off and we do not worry about money while on the cruise. We also always purchase trip insurance, always!

I was told they post the credits towards the most recent cruises first. At xmas my parents bought funship dollars as a gift and it didn't post for a few weeks. They were still working on December cruises and our cruise wasn't until January. As long as when you call they see the credits you're good.

I buy them to be mailed to me- I have never had to place more money on my account- nor do I use a credit card onboard. You have the first 24 hours to visit the pursers desk- and you can use your card during that time. yes, even before you place your certificates.)

I have never mailed them in---carried them onboard with me each time. I have used these in over 10 carnival cruises.

Thanks!! I think I may have them mailed to me from now on. I didn't want to have to hassle with mailing them back, but glad to know that I don't have too!!

To answer the OP's question, we saved over time, putting $100 or $200 on the OBC each payday until it reached $800 (that was our goal for that trip). We prepay tips and then add to it as we see fit once onboard but at least the base tip requirement is fulfilled. When you go up to check in tell them you have the OBC with cash on it already and that should surfice for boarding. They have never required anything else from us (we pay cash for everything and do not use credit cards) after checking our account. We usually spend about $500 when we cruise (average) for 2 adults and an 8 year old. We prepay whatever we can including tips, excursions, send wine from BV to our cabin with some fruit and cheese, we bring soda onboard as well as bottled water. We usually only purchase one or two VERY NICE (and only if they are very nice) pictures of us as a family with a cruise frame and enjoy a few cocktails each night. We are not big drinkers during the day but don't worry about it if we decide to indulge because we have the money on our S & S account. Takes the pressure off and we do not worry about money while on the cruise. We also always purchase trip insurance, always!

Thanks for the info. It was very helpful since this is our first cruise and I wasn't sure how much to save up. We are not big drinkers either, but are looking forward to a few DOD's!!. I also want to have our excursions paid for beforehand. We also plan on using cash for everything. I do not want to use a CC or a DC at all!!

I have been applying OBC weekly and my past two have not shown up on my account yet, but all the others have with in a week to 10days. I belive it depends on how busy they are. I do know that so far all mine have shown up but the last two and I'm 120 days from sailing so I'm not sure why some have not had them show up until two weeks prior to sailing.

Was happy to see this thread. Made me check and low and behold not of my funship dollars were there and we sail on 4/17. So, I called and even though I had a confirmation email, the OBC was not there. they checked and I had to re-submit but now we are all set. Wouldn't have been happy if I got on board and no OBC. Thanks for asking the question.....

Was happy to see this thread. Made me check and low and behold not of my funship dollars were there and we sail on 4/17. So, I called and even though I had a confirmation email, the OBC was not there. they checked and I had to re-submit but now we are all set. Wouldn't have been happy if I got on board and no OBC. Thanks for asking the question.....

Your Welcome. I'm glad it helped you out. Have fun!!

Archived