only sofabed in balcony cabins, we are 4!

Hi,

Am thinking of taking a friend of my son (15) on Allure, now all balony cabins that I get, for 4, just have 1 sofa bed? 2 15 year old boys cannot sleep on 1 sofa bed? Am I missing something, no more pullout beds?

Thanks

newlu

Been waiting for someone else to ask this since we have the same amount in a cabin.

We have three D4 cabins on deck 9 that have a diamond indicator that says

= "Stateroom with sofa bed and third Pullman bed available."

I'm assuming that the couch can be a place for 1 and the pulman is a place for another.

Can anyone confirm this? :confused:

I know they wouldnt book us a cabin that wouldnt sleep 4 when they know we have 4.

We are 4 too in a Boardwalk Balcony room (had same on Oasis last year) however, we are 2 adults and an 8 & 11 year old and they can share the pull out couch bed comfortably. But 2 15 year olds?? That would be tough...but if you have that symbol, you should be safe I would think! But I would call your travel agent or RCI to check. There is NO room in there to bring in another bed of any kind with the couch bed out...

;)

I did a "live chat" and the help said that the sofa is a double bed. Which doing a google search is 15" wider than a twin. If you didn't get a Pullman bed than that's it. I asked about the diamond indicator that says "third Pullman bed available "and got the answer that " it is also in addition with the sofa bed which in theory can sleep 5

We are having bed issues as well.

We are a group of 6 (two married couples each with a child) and have two side-by-side rooms (we thought they were connecting but they are not). The Allure does not have cabins that sleep 2+ that are side by side until you go to the lowest level and select an inside cabin. Our resolution to this is to book both kids in the room that sleeps 4 and the other couple will be in the room that sleeps two. Once we are aboard we are hoping to be able to put one child in each room. The 16-year-old boy will get the sofa bed and the 8-year-old girl will get an inflatable bed in front of the sofa (fingers crossed that there is room).

After researching the floor layout and every picture I could find in the internet for D1 category rooms I do see one other option if the air mattress takes up too much space to walk around it for bathroom visits in the middle of the night. That would be to nudge the sofa (assuming it's not bolted down) over towards the closet door at night to allow for the air mattress to go between the bed and the sofa.

Anyone know if the sofa is "fixed" in it's position? I hope that's not the case because how would they clean under it or retrieve something that fell under?

We are a family of three but got an upper birth bed for the third person with a basic D4-balcony cabin by asking for a cabin at the D4 price that fits 5 people - you can recognize these cabins (with the pullman beds from the ceiing) on the deck plans because they have a diamond symbol. That way we will actually be able to sit on the couch and not use it as a bed. In these tiny cabins if you have three or more, that really helps.

Thanks. I have search all decks, and it looks like, believe it or not, that for my dates, next March 2012, there are none available!

Once I confirm my plans (should know like in 2 weeks for sure) I will call my travel agent and have her see what can be done. This is like 1 year ahead of time.... Crazy!!

newlu

I did a "live chat" and the help said that the sofa is a double bed. Which doing a google search is 15" wider than a twin. If you didn't get a Pullman bed than that's it. I asked about the diamond indicator that says "third Pullman bed available "and got the answer that " it is also in addition with the sofa bed which in theory can sleep 5

Here's a video of a D3 balcony which has the diamond shape. It could sleep five.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S62Cw2US1BE

We are having bed issues as well.

We are a group of 6 (two married couples each with a child) and have two side-by-side rooms (we thought they were connecting but they are not). The Allure does not have cabins that sleep 2+ that are side by side until you go to the lowest level and select an inside cabin. Our resolution to this is to book both kids in the room that sleeps 4 and the other couple will be in the room that sleeps two. Once we are aboard we are hoping to be able to put one child in each room. The 16-year-old boy will get the sofa bed and the 8-year-old girl will get an inflatable bed in front of the sofa (fingers crossed that there is room).

After researching the floor layout and every picture I could find in the internet for D1 category rooms I do see one other option if the air mattress takes up too much space to walk around it for bathroom visits in the middle of the night. That would be to nudge the sofa (assuming it's not bolted down) over towards the closet door at night to allow for the air mattress to go between the bed and the sofa.

Anyone know if the sofa is "fixed" in it's position? I hope that's not the case because how would they clean under it or retrieve something that fell under?

I would not want to mess with an inflatable mattress on a cruise. Not much room in the cabins to begin with. Put each child in separate cabins, and let them sleep on the sofa. One child in each family?

Adding the 3rd and 4th person in a balcony stateroom is $799 (at least it is for us on our sailing). Inside cabins start at $999 (again, on our sailing). We were toying with the idea of putting our kids in a stateroom directly across from us but decided against it since our kids are a 16-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl. (bad mix :eek:)

Anyway, are your two-15-year olds mature enough to be across the hall from you? Perhaps the space can outweigh extra cost? ($400 for the week)

The balcony rooms on Allure are some of the smallest we have seen. There were only 2 of us in 1 and we were pretty crowded. Can't imagine 4 people since 2 of you can't pass the end of the bed at the same time, it is that close. And we found storage to be at a premium as well.

Adding the 3rd and 4th person in a balcony stateroom is $799 (at least it is for us on our sailing). Inside cabins start at $999 (again, on our sailing). We were toying with the idea of putting our kids in a stateroom directly across from us but decided against it since our kids are a 16-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl. (bad mix :eek:)

Anyway, are your two-15-year olds mature enough to be across the hall from you? Perhaps the space can outweigh extra cost? ($400 for the week)

This is what we always do. We book the lowest category balcony for my husband and myself (which is $$$ less than the quad balcony), and then book an inside across the hall for our daughters. The cost of two cabins is generally close in price to the quad, because of what we save from decreasing our balcony category, and because we sail during prime vacation time when the 3rd/4th person in a cabin isn't discounted very much.

There is no way two 15-year old boys will be comfortable on that sofa bed.

I feel that's a subjective issue. We sailed on Oasis in a balcony cabin; there were 4 of us - it was take one cabin, or not go. Our grown children, 20 and 25, slept on the sofa bed.

OP, if you need to make it work, it will. If you feel you will have issues, you will. I suppose it's also a matter of perspective. :)

We had the Boardwalk Balcony cabin on Oasis last year, 2 kids (7 & 10 then) who both slept on the pullout sofa bed fine. Room for an air mattress?? You must be kidding! When the couch is pulled out there is just enough room to walk by and the same with the space between the bed and the wall to walk around to the front or back of the cabin. The only way to get an air mattress in there (if you would really want to bother with it) is to keep the sofa bed closed and then only 1 can sleep on the couch, There is no room for an extra bed on the floor space that's there! ;)

We had the Boardwalk Balcony cabin on Oasis last year, 2 kids (7 & 10 then) who both slept on the pullout sofa bed fine. Room for an air mattress?? You must be kidding! When the couch is pulled out there is just enough room to walk by and the same with the space between the bed and the wall to walk around to the front or back of the cabin. The only way to get an air mattress in there (if you would really want to bother with it) is to keep the sofa bed closed and then only 1 can sleep on the couch, There is no room for an extra bed on the floor space that's there! ;)

:eek: no no no!....the air mattress idea was for the room WITHOUT the pull out sofa. I'm having visions of what it would have looked like in a room with a pull out sofa too! LOL...someone would have either been in the hall or on the balcony! The child-size air mattress we have is 30 inches wide which is not quite a twin. We were talking about bunking our 8 year old girlie in our room with us (sleeps 2) instead of leaving her in the room next door with her aunt, uncle and cousin (sleeps 4) just to help them with space issues.

Our room situation has changed though...we were able to find a pair CONNECTING D1's on deck six and as long as the cabin steward will leave a flat sheet and a blanket we will put her on the couch each night. I will bring the air mattress anyway and if it works we will use it. Truth be told she will end up in bed with us anyway....:rolleyes:

Archived