First time NCLer-specialty restaurants for solo?

Hi all...

My first time on the NCL line doing a 3 night on the Sky so not sure what to expect...

When I cruised solo in the past, it was great meeting people at my dining room table, and I've made some terrific friendships...

I'm just curious with the Sky-if I dine at any of the upcharge restaurants, do I have the opportunity of joining fellow diners, or would they automatically seat me at a solo table?

Would I be better off eating in the MDR and asking to be seated with another party?

Sorry if this question is redundant, but I'm just not sure what I can anticipate...

Obviously, it's a shorter cruise so it's not vital I meet people, but I love good food and good conversation with others so I'm hoping someone can answer this...

For reference, I'm on the July 1 sailing of the Sky and have started the roll call on the appropriate page :-)

Thanks so much!

I have cruised solo many times and eat most of my dinners in the upcharge restaurants. I usually sit at a table by myself but have also dined a few times with people I met either on board or through our roll call. Do you have a roll call for this cruise?

Since this is such a short cruise, if you want to be with others while dining, I would think the MDR would be your better choice. If experiencing the alternative restaurants is more the priority, you won't be disappointed even if you dine alone!

Enjoy your cruise,

TracyE

Thanks TracyE...

I've started the roll call, so we'll see...

You're right, it's a short cruise...I'll most likely opt to dine solo in order to take advantage of the speciality restaurants and really get the true flavor of NCL...I thought the 3 night was the perfect introduction, though some people are saying I shouldn't judge NCL by a shorter cruise...

Regardless, I plan to have a fantastic time and certainly appreciate your feedback!

Cruise Critic boards are a wealth of information and I've learned so many things on here...

Unfortunately, it's turned me into a total cruise junkie, but I guess that's ok...heeheehee...

Thanks again for your reply!

A

I cruise solo all the time and I like to eat dinner with different people each day.

One time my cousin and I went to go eat at a specialty restaurant for lunch. The place was empty except for us and a solo female cruiser who I knew was a snob and part of the "Singles group" I was cruising with. She was sitting a few tables away from us.

I was talking really loud to my cousin and laughing and joking with him.

He told me to lower my voice because I might be bothering that lady at her table. But she yelled out..."I like listening to her talk".lol.

I like listening at other people talk at their tables near by me too.

Thanks TracyE...

I've started the roll call, so we'll see...

You're right, it's a short cruise...I'll most likely opt to dine solo in order to take advantage of the speciality restaurants and really get the true flavor of NCL...I thought the 3 night was the perfect introduction, though some people are saying I shouldn't judge NCL by a shorter cruise...

Regardless, I plan to have a fantastic time and certainly appreciate your feedback!

Cruise Critic boards are a wealth of information and I've learned so many things on here...

Unfortunately, it's turned me into a total cruise junkie, but I guess that's ok...heeheehee...

Thanks again for your reply!

A

You are welcome and I agree with the OP's recommendation for Teppanyaki -- besides Le Bistro, it is my all-time favorite dining experience on NCL. If you get a fun group at your table, it does get pretty lively! Have fun!!

Archived